Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown sugar in tea

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Without sugar, tea is little more than hot coloured water with some milk in it :p

With sugar, tea is little more than hot coloured water with some milk and some sugar. Actually scratch that, with sugar it's complete piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

tinner777 wrote: »
    Try condensed milk instead of sugar ��
    Discovered this in Vietnam. Coffee drip filtered over sweet condensed milk, serve on ice or hot. Delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I don't take sugar in drinks (maybe coffee the very odd time if I'm feeling mad) but yeah, that brown sugar you get in cafés and places is just dyed white sugar. It's actually more processed like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

I don't take sugar in drinks (maybe coffee the very odd time if I'm feeling mad) but yeah, that brown sugar you get in cafés and places is just dyed white sugar. It's actually more processed like.

It's actually sugar with some molassses added back in.

The real stuff is the dark brown Muscavado from Mauritius.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭josip

I just checked our Dunnes Store bag of brown and it says "Unrefined raw cane sugar" on the side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Without sugar, tea is little more than hot coloured water with some milk in it :p

I sincerely hope you drink Lidl brand tea because with an attitude and a practice like that (sugar in tea), you do not deserve Barry's or Lyons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

no sugar in tea
    molasses in coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Who the fcuk puts fcuking sugar in fcuking tea?!! Ew, disgusting! *spits on the ground*

Most people. It might shock you but there are some people like things that taste sweet.

tis mad altogether I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I know people who put salt on their pizza! It is an abomination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

bur wrote: »
    Most people. It might shock you but there are some people like things that taste sweet.

tis mad altogether I know.

Fcuking disgusting. It's not right. Those people should be taken out and shot with balls of their own sh*te.

Edit: Hardly most people. A good proportion of people have taste and wouldn't be lumping sugar into their tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Why would you ruin good brown sugar by mixing it with that disgusting tea ****e? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Sugar in tea is mank. Ruins the taste, it just tastes of sugar! Same with coffee.

True but some coffee you get is so shît that it needs sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

No sugar and only a very slight drop of milk. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Brown Sugar just like a young girl should

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

catallus wrote: »
    I cant eat pizza now without goats cheese on it, its a serious addiction I have

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

ScumLord wrote: »
    No, real brown sugar is available but those little packets just contain white sugar and died white sugar.

If you want actual brown sugar you'd have to check the pack and make sure it's actually brown sugar.

I never knew this. I've learnt something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

I sincerely hope you drink Lidl brand tea because with an attitude and a practice like that (sugar in tea), you do not deserve Barry's or Lyons

Putting Lyon's in the same sentance as Barry's is sacrilege.

Lyons is basically the dust they scrape off the unilever floor in Manchester after they're finished making crap English teas like PG Tips.

Aldi's ownbrand, made by Robert Roberts and Lidl's own brand made by Thompsons are both superior to Lyons but still vastly inferior to Barry's.

In order of Merit (a representative, not an exhaustive list).

Barry's
    Punjana (Thompsons)
    Bewley's
    Lidl ownbrand (Thompsons)
    Aldi ownbrand (Robert Roberts)
    The ****e tea you had from the presso flask at that conference last week
    Tesco Value

Lyons.

That's almost as bad as people who eat Pizza with a knife and fork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

josip wrote: »
    The last time de mammy was visiting we put out brown sugar with the "tay".
    De brudder hummed and hawed until we eventually produced some white caster sugar.
    We don't have any other white sugar.
    De mammy gently informed me afterwards that it's white sugar for tay and brown sugar for coffee. Not in an anal way of course, de mammy would never do that.
    Although it's not the done thing to ever doubt the mammy, especially in matters as serious as tay, I have to ask the good people of boards, which sugar do you put in tea?

Are you by any chance related to " auld Mr Brennan " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I prefer a bit of honey in my tea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

"How can you call yourself a true tea-lover if you destroy the flavour of your tea by putting sugar in it? It wouldbe equally reasonable to put in pepper or salt. Tea is meant to be bitter, just as beer is meant to be bitter. If you sweeten it, you are no longer tasting the tea, you are merely tasting the sugar; you could make a very similar drink by dissolving sugar in plain hot water."

-George Orwell http://orwell.ru/library/articles/tea/english/e_tea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

If it's good enough for Mick Jagger, it's good enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭josip

lizzyman wrote: »
    "How can you call yourself a true tea-lover if you destroy the flavour of your tea by putting sugar in it? It wouldbe equally reasonable to put in pepper or salt. Tea is meant to be bitter, just as beer is meant to be bitter. If you sweeten it, you are no longer tasting the tea, you are merely tasting the sugar; you could make a very similar drink by dissolving sugar in plain hot water."

-George Orwell http://orwell.ru/library/articles/tea/english/e_tea

So no milk then either?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Brown sugar should only be used in cakes and biscuits.

Or for washing yer hands with added washing up liquid, after servicing the car

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

josip wrote: »
    The last time de mammy was visiting we put out brown sugar with the "tay".
    De brudder hummed and hawed until we eventually produced some white caster sugar.
    We don't have any other white sugar.
    De mammy gently informed me afterwards that it's white sugar for tay and brown sugar for coffee. Not in an anal way of course, de mammy would never do that.
    Although it's not the done thing to ever doubt the mammy, especially in matters as serious as tay, I have to ask the good people of boards, which sugar do you put in tea?

Are you Bobby Boucher from the 1998 comedy movie 'The Waterboy'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Putting Lyon's in the same sentance as Barry's is sacrilege.

Lyons is basically the dust they scrape off the unilever floor in Manchester after they're finished making crap English teas like PG Tips.

Aldi's ownbrand, made by Robert Roberts and Lidl's own brand made by Thompsons are both superior to Lyons but still vastly inferior to Barry's.

In order of Merit (a representative, not an exhaustive list).

Barry's
    Punjana (Thompsons)
    Bewley's
    Lidl ownbrand (Thompsons)
    Aldi ownbrand (Robert Roberts)
    The ****e tea you had from the presso flask at that conference last week
    Tesco Value

Lyons.

I bet you're the type of person to rate movies out of 10 and even have merit scales for .5 and .75 and believe there is a considerable difference between the two.

I bet you're the type of person to rate movies out of 10 and even have merit scales for .5 and .75 and believe there is a considerable difference between the two.

1 to 17, aggregated grading and use of spreadsheets, actually.

Advertisement