Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effort in school

• 19-05-2015 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

If the course you wanted to take after secondary school required no leaving cert points how would yougo about your work in school? Would you frequently not bother doing homework or rarely study for exams? Probably sounds like a stupid question but its where I'm at now haha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Do you homework, save you some trouble in the long run. Do some study too, try to get a decent leaving. You've a lot of time to change your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ash182

I need 200 points but I know I can get 400 since I got 380 in the mocks. If I don't try I know I will regret not doing the LC to the best of my ability plus I might change my mind and want to do a different college course in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cian1997

ash182 wrote: »
    I need 200 points but I know I can get 400 since I got 380 in the mocks. If I don't try I know I will regret not doing the LC to the best of my ability plus I might change my mind and want to do a different college course in the future.

True always good to have choices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

Since boards doesn't seem to let me post links, to quote Superbad - "I'm just drilling holes, last two weeks, f*** it!"

No, but seriously, try your best, always nice to have choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cian1997

BlueWolf16 wrote: »
    Since boards doesn't seem to let me post links, to quote Superbad - "I'm just drilling holes, last two weeks, f*** it!"

No, but seriously, try your best, always nice to have choices.

Haha great scene, unfortunately I'm an extremely lazy person. Ty really done me no favours haha used to work grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Aside from the possibility of changing your mind - get used to studying.

If you're planning to do a course, you're not going to get through it by being lazy. You'll need to study and work your backside off.

Get going now, get a good study routine going, and you'll fly through your course because you'll know how to study in a way that works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FreaksAndGeeks

A decent leaving cert will also look good on your CV. Also the general sense of achievement you'll feel if you do well will be a great feeling.

Advertisement