Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvin Takeaway Codes [No code requests]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I've turned into a right fat **** since they started doing these 40/50% off deals in May!

Me too. I have gained 4kg of fat :(

It's sad when it's cheaper to order take away than to make your own meals. I need to work on my self control tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Me too. I have gained 4kg of fat :(

It's sad when it's cheaper to order take away than to make your own meals. I need to work on my self control tbh.

lol same here, no one to blame but ourselves! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

40% didnt work for me but the 25 % did.....so almost happy days. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Can you order online and collect or delivery only? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Can you order online and collect or delivery only? Thanks

You can collect, there is an option on the screen before you add items to your order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

40% didnt work for me but the 25 % did.....so almost happy days. :)

40% worked for me just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The 40% apache code worked for me last night on a different takeaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I placed an order with the Apache code on a new account, it went through but they cancelled the order a few minutes ago, rang up and they said multiple accounts is fraud blah blah blah :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Code always has to be in capital letters.

Galadriel wrote: »
    I placed an order with the Apache code on a new account, it went through but they cancelled the order a few minutes ago, rang up and they said multiple accounts is fraud blah blah blah :(

Fraud? Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

stimpson wrote: »
    Fraud? Lol.

Yep! the email and text said the restuarant had cancelled my order so I rang them and they said they didn't get an order from Marvin so I rang Marvin and they mentioned the whole fraud thing, annoying though that they waited for the order to go through before cancelling so will have to wait days for the funds to be returned and I still don't have any dinner :(

Galadriel wrote: »
    Yep! the email and text said the restuarant had cancelled my order so I rang them and they said they didn't get an order from Marvin so I rang Marvin and they mentioned the whole fraud thing, annoying though that they waited for the order to go through before cancelling so will have to wait days for the funds to be returned and I still don't have any dinner :(

I'm impressed they have a lawyer manning the phones on a Saturday night.

I don't see anything in their terms and conditions. At the end of the day they could check your address against their database if they were that pushed. As soon as they stop the 40% off then I'll be back to Just eat.

I only checked in on this thread today,have fed the Saturday evening household from apache pizza with a 40% discount.thank you againðŸ˜႒

I only checked in on this thread today,have fed the Saturday evening household from apache pizza with a 40% discount.thank you againðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

The app wouldnt work last night, seriously its about the 4th or 5th time its happened, complained so hopefully they fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Well I had a good run! After months of using different email addresses to take advantage of the 40% vouchers, one of my orders was denied. I rang their helpline and asked them what the story was, and they told me the order was flagged for potential 'fraud' because the address and phone number associated with the order has been used with a million different emails. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Liveray

It was so good while it lasted... How will i ever go back to paying full price for takeaway??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Same happened to me, the golden days are over

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Colm?

I think it's just a case of making a change to your Street Address so it doesn't pick up. Like "Rd" -> "Road" or just slapping your Eircode in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Ordered for the 1st time yesterday as out in the sticks so only recently have any of the local takeaways been on it. Got the 40% off happy days.... Hope it continues for a long time....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Had the same order cancelled thingy.

But they're very, very stupid to mention the word fraud, because it's purely a fault of their own system that allowed that situation to occur.

So to alienate their users by accusing them of being fradulent....A very dumb move.

App not working again, they can feck off now, only used it to get the free meal after 10 orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

daRobot wrote: »
    Had the same order cancelled thingy.

But they're very, very stupid to mention the word fraud, because it's purely a fault of their own system that allowed that situation to occur.

So to alienate their users by accusing them of being fradulent....A very dumb move.

Still getting away with it here, APZ40 working for any takeaway....how many orders have you made to get banned lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

First time user here - I had a sharp intake of breath when NUIM40 wouldn't work for me ordering from the Mango Tree this evening, after sticking my neck out with the family. APZ40 came to the rescue, and got me from €36 down to €22 for 2 starters, 2 mains and rice - pretty good. The confirmation email said it would be delivered in 75 minutes - it arrived in 20 minutes, which in some ways is a good complaint, if a little annoying. It definitely passed the 'I'd have that again' test for the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I've found their delivery times to way overstated, had one for 60 minutes last weekend for it to appear in 25 mins. Have one just ordered right now from a different place and got 60 mins again, will update when it arrives.

Edit: About 50 mins, not as good as before tho still less than mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

APZ40 gone, Anybody else reconfirm?

Edit: It was working for me on Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Moyglish

bpb101 wrote: »
    APZ40 gone, Anybody else reconfirm?

Not working for me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

We had an issue before where we were waiting about 90 mins. The food was still warm and got a 20 euro voucher out of it so not all bad.

We had an issue before where we were waiting about 90 mins. The food was still warm and got a 20 euro voucher out of it so not all bad.

I complained twice about the app not working and they gave me nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Anymore codes....aplz40 gone now as well

Advertisement