Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

manchester or liverpool to live?

• 19-05-2015 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

just wondered out of the two which one would be better city to live in? potential role in warrington and its pretty much slap bang in the middle of the two which means i would have a choice of where to travel from. Manchester is a bit quicker (20 mins on the train).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Liverpool2015

zweton wrote: »
    just wondered out of the two which one would be better city to live in? potential role in warrington and its pretty much slap bang in the middle of the two which means i would have a choice of where to travel from. Manchester is a bit quicker (20 mins on the train).

Thanks

Liverpool is cheaper than Manchester so your money will go further when renting, good train connection either way so it's much of a much in travel really.

Manchester is a bigger and more modern city than Liverpool, but Liverpool is a bit like Galway in that the whole city is walkable and friendly.

I had the same choice to make and chose Liverpool, don't regret it!

Good luck with your decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I've never been to Manchester but Liverpool is a beautiful city.You have the waterfront, the three graces, plenty of free museums and architecturally it's a stunning city.I think it has the most listed buildings in the UK outside of London.Not to mention the Albert Dock area and the Liverpool One shopping area.Liverpool ticks all the boxes for me in terms of everything i want from a city.The city centre is very compact and easy to get around and the people are very friendly.Like everywhere it has a few rough areas but from my experience i find the city centre to be very safe.The beautiful town of Chester is nearby and you also have the beautiful North Wales countryside on you're doorstep.Liverpool is a great city in my opinion.:)

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Went to university in Liverpool and would definitely recommend it as a place to live. Friendly, nice size and plenty of things to do. Everything you need as far as shopping and nightlife go. I also actually worked in Warrington for a year, it's an easy commute. I got a car after a couple months which made it even easier...you can then broaden your search as far as housing goes.Rent is very reasonable, more so than if you were living in the centre of Manchester. I shared a lovely big apartment in tuebrook and it cost me 350 a month all inclusive. That was about 4 years ago mind you. The buses within Liverpool are also decent, fairly punctual and widespread. If you can get a decent salary you can live well there!

Edit: just seen this is an old thread. Hope it all worked out well for you!

Advertisement