Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaver socket only works with light on

Options
  • 19-05-2015 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

I've moved into a new house, and noticed that in both of them the shaver socket only works when the light is turned on.
    I have never seen this before. Is this just something that was wired this way, or are they intentionally made like that? Seems daft having to leave the light on for 12 hours to charge my toothbrush.
    Is there anything that can be done, or do I just need to buy an adaptor and charge my toothbrush elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It sounds like a design fault, mine charges my toothbrush without needing the light to be switched on. I can't imagine it's a wiring issue, more like bad design.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's main design and use is for short periods of shavers so some manufacturers may have slightly different ways of use.

Not originally designed to charge a toothbrush.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Possibly the shaver outlet (live) is connected to the switched supply at the light switch. Perhaps, in this event, the (live) feed to the shaver outlet be connected instead to the live terminal at the light switch. I am not sure if any issues with this proposal - hopefully others could correct me if I am missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

The shaver outlet is wired from the switched live rather than the switch feed.An easy enough fix if there is attic space above the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

maxfresh wrote: »
    The shaver outlet is wired from the switched live rather than the switch feed.An easy enough fix if there is attic space above the bathroom.

Why do you need attic space?

Just feed it from the "common" terminal in the light switch rather the the switch terminal (L1 or L2).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

Might be daisy chained from the light fitting.

Advertisement