Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with JC english timing

Options
  • 19-05-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Im doing my big JC next month and I am really hoping to try get an A in English. (its one of the subjects I find challenging!) I am grand for timing on p1 but on p2 i am ATROCIOUS at it. I end up spending around 25 mins (at least) on both the studied and unseen in each section and end up just scraping through if at all. My teacher has told us for unseen 3 PQEs for 10 mark qs and 4 PQEs for 15 mark qs. I would really appreciate any advice anyone has in regards to timing as it is my one weak point. I usually get full marks in the questions I do so I feel like I should really shorten down my PQEs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I got an A in Junior Cert English last year and I only ever gave one PQE per 5 marks; so 15 marks is 3 PQEs. Also, I ised to follow a guideline of roughly 1 A4 page per 15 marks.

As for timing, there isn't any magic method to improve- just keep practising exam questions to time.

Advertisement