Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up/Managing Ltd Company - using advisor

Options
  • 19-05-2015 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭

I'm doing a preliminary investigation into setting up and managing a Ltd Company, have read countless pages/forum entries, and the general feeling I get is that it's a bit daunting for the uninitiated.

I currently have a sole tradership set up. It's been idle for a few years as I've been a PAYE employee and now I'm looking at possibly getting into contracting and weighing up whether or not to switch to ltd.

So before I go any further into the minefield... is it possible to outsource the lot to someone?
    i.e. can I get someone to act as advisor and fill out all necessary paperwork when due, and look after my best interests (e.g. suggest best pension strategy etc), and just let me worry about the work I'm doing?
    (I can learn the intricacies of the business later when I have time)

Or is it unavoidable that I will need to invest time to understand the intricacies myself?

So would a good accountant fill this role, or am I looking for a type of organisation that will handle this work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭chickenlicken2

There is a company called Contracting Plus who offer a service for setting up your own managed limited company. A lot of accountancy practices would offer a similar service.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Your accountant will recommend a Company Formation Agent which can take all the pain and hassle out of setting up a Ltd Co.

You will get people on here that say they did all the setup themselves and it was a piece of cake but you indicated that you have no desire to do this yourself.

Advertisement