Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Company's Dublin North side

Options
  • 19-05-2015 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Anyone any suggestions on any bin deals at the moment? City Bin Co have lost the run of themselves and doubled there bin collection charges per month from 12.50 to 24€.

Also what if I stopped the service and left my green bin out for collection would they take this same with brown?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Greyhound - I never left them and never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

I've been with citybin for the last year. They have been €20 flat fee. (fingal Co) I thought the 12.50 offer was only on the dublin city co. I find them to be great, they always leave my bin back in the same place. Never just abandon it blocking driveways like greyhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

How are people paying citybin €20?

I am with them since September last year and pay €17 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

If you call them up and complain about them putting their prices up they may drop the price further. We paid €14 per month for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Yeah might give them a call. Can be paying 24€ a month is madness. But anyone know if bin company's collect the green bin for 'free' or will it be rejected ? Cause it is the case I could up my recycling and drop the black bags my local bring centre for 4€ a bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Whats the deal with citybin not having the option to manage your account online?

Seems fairly shady to me

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Yeah might give them a call. Can be paying 24€ a month is madness. But anyone know if bin company's collect the green bin for 'free' or will it be rejected ? Cause it is the case I could up my recycling and drop the black bags my local bring centre for 4€ a bag.

Rejected as it wont have a valid barcode/tag

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

If you go to their website the only option available for fingal is 20 euro fixed charge.

https://www.citybin.com/signup/

Dublin city council has 2 options. 17 euro and an option per lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭bren2001

Rejected as it wont have a valid barcode/tag

My brown nor green bin have a tag on them but have always been collected. Infact, I have a spare black bin I throw out sometimes if there is an overflow. Always collected, never any extra charges. I suppose I am just lucky but worth a go really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Just got blasted with a 28€ fee this month ! I made a late payment, anyone else having this issue? It keeps on telling me my card is rejected and I pay online then as soon as I get the message but still get charge the late fee, I also always update my card details.

Jaysis you would have a pain in your arse moving around all the time with company's, loyalty means nothing anymore.

Going to move its just a matter of who to !

• Advertisement
Advertisement