Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking a Vodafone PAYG phone

Options
  • 19-05-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been answered already, but I couldnt find any recent posts.

I am a meteor customer and I am looking to buy a SONY Xperia Z3 Compact. I have seen some good deals online but I am unable to confirm if they are the European version of the phone (D5803). The cheapest I can find in Ireland is PAYG on Vodafone. I assume this phone will be locked to Vodafone? What would be needed to unlock this phone (certain spend on credit, time period...) ? If anyone has suggestions for alternative places I could buy the phone that would be great too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

briN_s wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered already, but I couldnt find any recent posts.

I am a meteor customer and I am looking to buy a SONY Xperia Z3 Compact. I have seen some good deals online but I am unable to confirm if they are the European version of the phone (D5803). The cheapest I can find in Ireland is PAYG on Vodafone. I assume this phone will be locked to Vodafone? What would be needed to unlock this phone (certain spend on credit, time period...) ? If anyone has suggestions for alternative places I could buy the phone that would be great too!

You could get a friend that's on vodafone to get the phone for you, after they can request the unlock on their website.

Another option is to buy and unlock code on adverts, ebay, etc as usual make sure seller has good feedback. Make sure they are for Vodafone ireland.

Advertisement