Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Knifes that are in the Firearms and Offensive Weapons Act, 1990

Options
  • 19-05-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am really interested in getting a butterfly knife, I done some research and found out they are not illegal if you keep it on you're PRIVATE property.

I couldn't find much on actually getting them knifes, I haven't seen any online websites that sell them Ireland, but plenty in the States. I am trying to find out is it legal to buy one in the US and that get it shipped over?

Thanks,

James,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

Sounds like Eire has similar rules to the UK.

Depends what state you are in the USA. Arizona is one that allows any sort of knife. Some states ban them, others regulate them.

In the UK flick knives are banned BUT you can own one, but not carry one. Importing one is right out. I think when the introduced the laws they were automatically 'grandfathering' knives that were already in the country, but ones after that? A grey area if caught...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

save your money and get a decent Knife!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SpiNzHD

Thing is that I am looking for a knife to do "tricks" with when I am bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I think you would be breaking the law getting one shipped over

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

SpiNzHD wrote: »
    Thing is that I am looking for a knife to do "tricks" with when I am bored.

Bored and playing with a knife? What could possibly go wrong...

Here's some knife skills that would be useful to learn

http://beforeitsnews.com/survival/2013/11/mors-kochanskis-try-stick-2497652.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You can buy balisong that aren't knives to do tricks with

learning tricks with a live balisong is unforgiving

Advertisement