Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a headset for skype & music etc

Options
  • 20-05-2015 10:01am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I do a lot of audio and video conferences in work - but I also like to listen to music. Looking for a headset that has a decent set of speakers - and a mic too. I dont want a huge sized pair of headphones I'd prefer something a lot smaller. Want to spend as little as possible without the audio quality being rubbish. Can anyone recommend something please?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I'm using a Logitech H800 at work, it's wireless and connects via either a USB dongle or Bluetooth and has a microphone.
    Battery life is quite good, you can charge on the fly, which not every headset supports, audio quality is OK and for internet telephony or VIOP they are great. The range with the USB dongle is very decent, I can walk around the entire office and not lose connectivity. Also, the USB dongle is quite small and unobtrusive. You would just have to take care not to lose it.
    Besides connecting to the laptop, I also paired it up to an iPhone and Android and it works perfectly as a headset for those. It's a great allrounder and worked with a minimum of fuss. Been using it for nearly 2 years now, one toggle switch did come off, but only on mine, not on any of the other ones in use around the office. So it works great, can take some punishment (you wouldn't think it, because it is quite lightweight), is easy to set up and has good audio quality. The one thing to look out for: These are not noise cancelling, so they do pick up background noise. Can be a nuisance in noisy environments.
    We got some Plantronics Audio 995 ones as well. The are heavy, clunky, break a lot and have massive USB dongles, no Bluetooth and can't charge on the fly.

Advertisement