Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it hard to balance junior cert and sports

Options
  • 20-05-2015 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there

Looking for advice as we will have junior cert next year and my daughter is currently very involved at a high level in sport where she trains 3 times a week. Training involves travel so could be gone 3 hours Monday Wednesday and Saturday. Just wondering is it possible to balance the two as obviously want to ensure she does not feel too much pressure yet she would like to keep up her sporting endeavours and trying to seek advice from anyone that may have experienced something similar.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

She'll be fine. If she listens properly in class, doesn't miss days, does her homework as if every piece is an exam question and ALWAYS asks the teacher to explain if she doesn't undertand something, she'll be fine. The sports can only be a plus in terms of confidence, oxygenation etc..

Win win, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭abutler101

I am doing my Junior cert this year. I train 6 days a week, 2 hours a night Monday-Thursday and up to four hours Saturday and Sunday. I can honestly say it hasn't effected my Junior cert at all. I am hoping for 8/9 A's this year and I got 8 A's in my mocks. I don't think it will make a difference to her.

Advertisement