Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fert for bayleaf tree?

Options
  • 20-05-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

just wondered what type of fert to get for it?
    I look after a garden and it's looking a little hungry her bayleaf tree hedge, it was put in last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

gsi300024v wrote: »
    just wondered what type of fert to get for it?
    I look after a garden and it's looking a little hungry her bayleaf tree hedge, it was put in last year.

Interesting/unusual but nice hedge choice!

Most general feeds will do such as Growmore or any tree and shrub fertiliser. I'd probably combine it with a slow release granular feed.

Make sure you keep grass and weeds clear from the base of the hedge as they'll steal the moisture and nutrients.

Can you post a photo of issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Good idea, slow release with another normal now feed, they're just not a great colour, not terrible just not great.
    Have no photos. The person likes things at a high standard, normally I'd be happy with them, but sure why not give them a little help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Bay can suffer from overwatering and windburn sometimes. Is it in well drained soil, and got a bit of shelter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

I didn't put in but i think they get the shelter and soil look sok, I spray off weeds and that so that's not an issue.

Advertisement