Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Burren Marathon Challenge 2015

Options
  • 20-05-2015 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Couldn't see a thread for this year's race, was just wondering are many people signed up to it?

The map available on the site leaves a lot to the imagination, was wondering if anyone had the course saved on the Garmin site?

Really looking forward to this- will be my third marathon and have heard nothing but good things. Judging from some older reports, here's hoping we get a nicely mild day with no heavy heat or rain!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 vevo

Couldn't see a thread for this year's race, was just wondering are many people signed up to it?

The map available on the site leaves a lot to the imagination, was wondering if anyone had the course saved on the Garmin site?

Really looking forward to this- will be my third marathon and have heard nothing but good things. Judging from some older reports, here's hoping we get a nicely mild day with no heavy heat or rain!

I made this rough Strava route copying the map on the Burren Marathon website. I'm doing it also tomorrow, weather looks promising

https://www.strava.com/routes/2406379

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andy masters

What did you think of Clare burren marathon

How did you find the marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 44 vevo

I can't answer for the op but it was in my opinion a very tough course.

Between the hills, the off road, the clouds and getting sun-burnt over the last couple of miles this had it all. The organisation was superb with numerous water and feed stations on he course. The course was well signposted and the Irish Cave Rescue Organisation (ICRO)were present throughout on the route. Unfortunately due to the low cloud the views were not to be had.

It's not a run to be chasing a time but offers a different type of challenge

vevo wrote: »
    I can't answer for the op but it was in my opinion a very tough course.

Between the hills, the off road, the clouds and getting sun-burnt over the last couple of miles this had it all. The organisation was superb with numerous water and feed stations on he course. The course was well signposted and the Irish Cave Rescue Organisation (ICRO)were present throughout on the route. Unfortunately due to the low cloud the views were not to be had.

It's not a run to be chasing a time but offers a different type of challenge
    Ye I have to agree very well organised but found it tough going took me 4 hours 17.35 don't think I would do it again but still love that part of the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Very tough but equally as gorgeous. First trail too so found the trail parts a bit tough. The trail after Fanore was incredible difficult too. Was very impressed with the water stations having fruits and bars etc. at each stop, a lot of races could learn from this.

Was happy with my 4.13 but as you said vevo it's not a course to be chasing a time. That being said I know the guy that won it in fairness to him. Definitely a route I will re-attempt next year. Knowing what I know now I think I'd even enjoy it a lot more, even though I did enjoy all of the course.

Advertisement