Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Runners

Options
  • 20-05-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

So recently been to a Size? Retailer on Wicklow street in Dublin. Picked up a pair of Nike Runners for €120. Second time wearing them today and when I walk I can feel something digging into my foot just behind my big toe.

Its causing some discomfort and it really shouldn't be.

Just wondering do I take this up with the store or nike themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Contract is with the retailer, go to them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Thanks for that. And do you think I would be entitled to an exchange or credit note?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Luke92 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. And do you think I would be entitled to an exchange or credit note?
    Scenarios where you would be entitled to anything:
    • The store has a displayed returns policy e.g. "We accept returns within 28 days provided the goods are in saleable condition" (either displayed in-store or on your receipt)
    • The shoe is actually defective
    If it's simply a case that the shoe isn't suited to your particular foot, then you won't be entitled to anything. The shop may be willing to offer an exchange/credit note as a goodwill gesture, but they don't have to

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anything here is guesswork without seeing the shoe and any defect. Call to the store. Be calm and polite and go through the issue with them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

28064212 wrote: »
    Scenarios where you would be entitled to anything:
    • The store has a displayed returns policy e.g. "We accept returns within 28 days provided the goods are in saleable condition" (either displayed in-store or on your receipt)
    • The shoe is actually defective
    If it's simply a case that the shoe isn't suited to your particular foot, then you won't be entitled to anything. The shop may be willing to offer an exchange/credit note as a goodwill gesture, but they don't have to
    I should add, if the seller advised the OP to buy that particular shoe or size then that is also grounds for a remedy if the result is unsuitable for the OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement