Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does age discrimination law apply to renting?

Options
  • 20-05-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

From what I have read the discrimination act applies to renting property where the owner does not live in the home. My deposit on a full property (not a room/owner occupied) just been refused as my girlfriend and I are too young (21). I offered a larger deposit and more rent up front and the agent said that he landlord it outright refusing to rent to someone so young and is not willing to listen to any offers due to my age. Is there any way I can pursue this or is it allowed to happen?

Sorry for the lack of details, current in work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

GarIT wrote: »
    From what I have read the discrimination act applies to renting property where the owner does not live in the home. My deposit on a full property (not a room/owner occupied) just been refused as my girlfriend and I are too young (21). I offered a larger deposit and more rent up front and the agent said that he landlord it outright refusing to rent to someone so young and is not willing to listen to any offers due to my age. Is there any way I can pursue this or is it allowed to happen?

Sorry for the lack of details, current in work.

Engage a solr - you can't seek legal advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement