Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random thought: HTC One (M8) and Windows Phone Recovery Tool

• 20-05-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was just looking at the release notes for Windows 10 Mobile (build 10080) and see that it now supports the HTC One M8 and that owners of the HTC One M8 can now use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool (formerly Lumia Software Recovery Tool) to roll back to Windows 8.1.

Has anyone tried running the tool with an Android HTC One M8 attached to see what would happen?

Probably nothing, but I was curious and didn't have an M8 on hand to test. any volunteers / guinea pigs? :)

Yeah, I know what curiosity did to the cat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

If anyone's tried it, it'll be these chaps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Assuming you don't alter tweak anything, nothing will happen. The recovery tool will see two different devices, one WP and the other 'not supported'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

theothernt wrote: »
    Assuming you don't alter tweak anything, nothing will happen. The recovery tool will see two different devices, one WP and the other 'not supported'.
    Grand, thanks for that. I figured as much, but didn't have the hardware to test.

Advertisement