Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smelly Hair?!

Options
  • 20-05-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else get stinky hair after a day or two..
    My hair isn't exceptionally greasy.
    But if I scratch it and smell my hand, it stinks... like dirty teenage boy pillow smell!!

Does anyone else have this?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Have you tried washing your pillow cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Are you using a scrunchie to tie your wet hair up when you're in the shower?
    Or wrapping your hair in a towel turban after your shower?

It could be that either the scrunchie or the towel might be dirty/musty and the smell's transferring onto your hair.

This happened to me with a scrunchie; I was in the shower, washed my hair, tied it up, then after a while, I blow-dried my hair.
    When I removed the scrunchie, it smelled.
    So it could be that?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

I'm obsessed with changing my pillowcase and change it every second night so not that and I always have fresh towels.
    The smell is coming from the sebum that's coming from my scalp I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It sounds like a fungal infection - I was in college with a girl who was nearly driven mad because she could get an awful smell from her hair/scalp (nobody else really noticed it) and when she eventually went to the doctor in despair he told her she had a fungal infection. She had something similar going on with her feet. I know one of the things that was recommended was removing yeast and fungi from her diet, and another was sterilising her hairbrush to prevent reinfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PriyaBadlani23

Baking Soda:
    Blend water and baking soda in 3: 1 proportion. Douse your hair with water and apply this paste on your wet hair. Wait for 5 minutes and then rinse. Use this remedy once in a week.

Lemon Juice
    Get two lemons and squeeze the juice in a cup of water. Spray this mixture on your hair after rinsing them with a shampoo. Leave it for a few minutes and then wash off with plain water. Use this remedy once or twice a week.

Olive Oil
    Apply olive oil all over the scalp and massage gently before washing your hair. Olive oil has incredible soothing properties which will lessen itchiness and bad odor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement