Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

strange noises from the sky again

• 20-05-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

I know this has come up before. When it did I was sceptical. The strange noise phenomenon. I thought it was an elaborate hoax or just industrial sounds from the general area where it was heard. Until yesterday when I heard it myself. I'm in the south. I didn't capture it on video but I have a link with the exact same sound as I heard.
    https://youtu.be/0hgx0dbzayM
    Has anyone else heard it? It was yesterday morning around 9.30.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Its the sound of all the Cork people making babies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

According to the Iona Institute, its the sound of the gays coming to adopt your children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Give up the mushrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    I know this has come up before. When it did I was sceptical. The strange noise phenomenon. I thought it was an elaborate hoax or just industrial sounds from the general area where it was heard. Until yesterday when I heard it myself. I'm in the south. I didn't capture it on video but I have a link with the exact same sound as I heard.
    https://youtu.be/0hgx0dbzayM
    Has anyone else heard it? It was yesterday morning around 9.30.

Those Connemara lads are hard to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Sounds like you heard Germans

• Advertisement

Sounds like you heard Germans

Maybe its Aongas private jet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sounds like a large aircraft possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Cark accent blowing in the breeze

A hot air balloon?

mickdw wrote: »
    Sounds like a large aircraft possibly.

mystery solved, that would be his flight path from germany to galway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Going by youtube it sounds like its going on worldwide. Probably just the oncoming apocalypse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

A hot air balloon?
    That was von Zeppelin not von Bismark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The seven trumpeteers of the apocalypse?

mg1982 wrote: »
    Going by youtube it sounds like its going on worldwide. Probably just the oncoming apocalypse.

Balls, sounds have carried like that for millennia, it's just that nowadays every Tom, Dick and Harry has a way of recording them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

X-Day is coming and it's the pleasure saucers getting ready to take away the bobbies.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

heres more

could be sound waves traveling through the sky and bouncing off something and manifesting into a sound. but its probably not that. interesting either way

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Used to hear Concord breaking the sound barrier years ago,never could figure what it was.

Nothing like that though.

Somebody left the gates of hell open by the sound of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Nah go away OP. You didn't even bother to whip out your phone to record it and you come here then with some sh*tty random link to a German video :rolleyes: Where do you think you are? This isn't the standard of thread we're accustomed to in AH. Now good-day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Sigh... I suppose I better bring the washing in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Cark accent blowing in the breeze

Stephen King's 'The Langerliers'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Heard it a few years ago. Sounded like someone playing a really deep note on a cello. Freaked me the fcuk out tbh!

You can't really tell which direction the sound is coming from either. Neighbors heard it too so it's not just me losing my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The seven trumpeteers of the apocalypse?

Ahh...not ANOTHER apocalypse. I get all excited about the end of days and then it doesn't happen....sigh. :(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Heard it a few years ago. Sounded like someone playing a really deep note on a cello. Freaked me the fcuk out tbh!

You can't really tell which direction the sound is coming from either. Neighbors heard it too so it's not just me losing my mind.

So you and your neighbours are a bit cracked, obviously.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    So you and your neighbours are a bit cracked, obviously.
    no . this has been heard all over the world along with other sounds that can't be explained. those who have heard such sounds can't all be lying

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Was ist das?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

no . this has been heard all over the world along with other sounds that can't be explained. those who have heard such sounds can't all be lying

but can they all be cracked?

Or it could be true and I'm a closed minded thicko?

or ye know end of the road....maybe...ummm maybe they're all lying ;)
    Bit like the slenderman. People are just partaking in the internet hoax for sh*ts & giggles. Don't believe everything you see on the internet, there's a good lad.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    but can they all be cracked?

Or it could be true and I'm a closed minded thicko?

no, i wouldn't say your a closed minded thicko. its easy to disbelieve and dismiss something like this when you haven't experienced it yourself and were all guilty of it at times. however when a lot of people experience the same or similar, and there is evidence to say they have, its not so easy to dismiss and disbelieve. there are things out there that cannot be explained. many of us won't experience or haven't experienced such things

Mint Aero wrote: »
    or ye know end of the road....maybe...ummm maybe they're all lying
    Bit like the slenderman. People are just partaking in the internet hoax for sh*ts & giggles. Don't believe everything you see on the internet, there's a good lad.
    well little boy. i don't believe everything i see on the internet, and frankly, i had heard via other means of people experienceing such sounds before these vidios all emerged. i never stated for definite that they were true or not, but the whole universe and our plannet and atmosphere have a lot of things that are unexplained. to end, you'd be the last person i would take any advice from, so save it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Damned it my audio still isn't working!

I love strange sounds!

well little boy. i don't believe everything i see on the internet, and frankly, i had heard via other means of people experienceing such sounds before these vidios all emerged. i never stated for definite that they were true or not, but the whole universe and our plannet and atmosphere have a lot of things that are unexplained. to end, you'd be the last person i would take any advice from, so save it.

It's best I keep you on track and in touch with reality end of the road merely by stating that there are no noises whatsoever and all those videos are hoaxes therefore I come to the conclusion that you are a lier if you continue your part in perpetuating such childish nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31"And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

This seems to be the case. It looks like the aliens are positioning themselves around the globe before they wipe us all out. We're all doomed. They are just waiting for the results of the gay referendum to expire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Das is Cylons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Johnson, Mooney and O'Brien
    went to bed at half past nine.

In the middle of the night
    Johnson gets up to have a sh1te
    it must be done, it must be done !
    so out the window goes his bum
    just then a copper passing by
    hears a rumbling from the sky
    and when he looks up to see the cause
    gets it right between the jaws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

no, i wouldn't say your a closed minded thicko. its easy to disbelieve and dismiss something like this when you haven't experienced it yourself and were all guilty of it at times. however when a lot of people experience the same or similar, and there is evidence to say they have, its not so easy to dismiss and disbelieve. there are things out there that cannot be explained. many of us won't experience or haven't experienced such things

We're all going to die :eek:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

thanks for the genuine replies. I don't think it's the apocalypse I think there's a practical answer to this. But I was curious to see how far and wide the sound could be heard. I didn't take my phone out to record it because although it irritated me I thought nothing of it. This was until I spoke to a friend of mine from across the city that heard it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain gang.

I think the world-wide sound like this could possibly be caused by a certain wind direction moving through a large tunnel structure creating a wind-pipe sound that can travel many miles.

Or it could be cloaked alien ships ?.

I think the world-wide sound like this could possibly be a certain wind direction moving through a large tunnel structure creating a wind-pipe sound that can travel many miles.

yes, agree. that does make sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thats eerie as feck.

It sounds like a ship's horn from a distance or something

• Advertisement

yes, agree. that does make sense

Now we all know that there is a lot of work going on nowadays creating more large under-ground tunnel systems here and everywhere else around the world, and maybe the world folk only hears these noises in the last few years due to the large construction of these tunnels ?.

The wind direction hitting the entrance of many tunnel systems would cause the strange different frequency sounds heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Thats eerie as feck.

It sounds like a ship's horn from a distance or something

It could be a hoax like them crop circles. First one person gets away with it, then lots of people copy him. or, it could just be some industrial machinery carried in the wind, or it could be a reverb effect as the gales blow through the forest of communion day bouncy castles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

It could be atmospheric. There's a lot we don't understand about space. But who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

We're f*ucked. Get ready, they're comin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

That my friends is the sound of a Krone Big M mowing machine cutting silage some where out the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Have you considered switching from Sky to UPC? No noise from the UPC.

It could be atmospheric. There's a lot we don't understand about space. But who knows.

If it was atmospheric I'm sure I would have heard it at least once in my life-time. But there again, it could actually be atmospheric. Sure look at the scientific problem regarding the Hessdalen Norway light/plasma phenomena. Many world scientists have being studying this as well for years, but they don't know what causes this light phenomena still to this day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessdalen_light

That my friends is the sound of a Krone BiM mowing machine cutting silage some where out the country.

checked for one of these on youtube (yes i am that sad) similar sound all right, all though i'd say the harvester might be more like it (unless the 1 machine does the lot these days) i'm rather out of touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

It's the Illuminati Jew Lizards manufacturing chemtrails

Nah, the aircraft produce those. Unless cloud-seeding is in force in Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement