Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting Cards

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Not polling cards but the referendum guide - I never saw mine. Anyone else not get theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Very busy in Ballyphehane this morning and mostly an older crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ill let ye know how it goes this evening going to call up anyway

So did you get to vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Nope, was taken off the list god darn it. Very annoyed so I was...I know I have checked the register online before and I could not find my name, but always got he voting card. My parents didn't get theirs until Wednesday so there was no really way to know..

On that how do they track you for registering is it done by pps number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Milly33 wrote: »
    Nope, was taken off the list god darn it. Very annoyed so I was...I know I have checked the register online before and I could not find my name, but always got he voting card. My parents didn't get theirs until Wednesday so there was no really way to know..

On that how do they track you for registering is it done by pps number

It's just name, address and DOB

There are separate databases for every local authority too!

Whole thing is a complete, archaic mess unfortunately. The British one is very similarly screwed up.

It should be done with PPSN although in theory one could be resident here without a PPSN and entitled to vote eg a British national on all but referenda and presidential or an EU national on Euro and Local elections etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Jes that's it, I would have really thought it was a bit more advanced than that... I was thinking the PPs number made sense as I do the cso interview review things and that was the only reason I would have thought they knew I was not at the home address... have the form ready to be signed in the bag now so going to get back on the register asap.. tried two garda stations so far to get it signed and they were both closed...

Advertisement