If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Beat - Price found cheaper

Options
  • 20-05-2015 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I was looking at the LG 42UB820V on your site priced @ €699.99 and I notice you said you would beat any price.  I am very interested in this tv and I have found this on pix mania at a price of €599 with an additional €30 off for a limited time bringing the tv down to €569.  Does this mean you would provide the tv to me for €559? or how does your policy work in this case?

I can't post the links as I'm a new user.

Regards, 
    Gary

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

GaryDoo wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking at the LG 42UB820V on your site priced @ €699.99 and I notice you said you would beat any price.  I am very interested in this tv and I have found this on pix mania at a price of €599 with an additional €30 off for a limited time bringing the tv down to €569.  Does this mean you would provide the tv to me for €559? or how does your policy work in this case?

Regards, 
    Gary
    Hi Gary, yes we do offer price match but it has to be a like for like basis. 

The price on our website for all TVs includes delivery and a 5 year warranty across the board. Also as standard our price beat guarantee is [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]valid for 7 days after purchase.[/font] 
    On checking Pixmania, their price at €599.99 is for the standard 2 year warranty - adding the 5 year warranty @ €90.30 plus delivery  €29.90 plus €42 for the Zen engagement for the 7day price match, actually brings their price up to €762.10  (€724.08 after their 5% discount. )

We currently have the LG 42UB820V in stock and ready for despatch, so if you would like to order one, give us a call on 0044333 900 0070 or drop us a PM

Cheers
    Brian

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

GaryDoo wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards, 
    Gary
    Hi GaryDoo.

We currently offer the LG 42UB820 for 699.99 but this comes with a 5 year guarantee and free shipping.
    Pixmania offer it for the 599.99 plus 90.30 for their 5 year, the at least 29.99 Euro delivery. Making them a little more expensive than ourselves.

We can not match again the extra 5% off discount code unfortunately.

Also the screen is an imported item and not a UK/Ireland version as stated on the Pix Mania website.

For our price beats it must be a like for like deal:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please ask.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

whilst I've no issue with Pixmania - you need to be careful that the specification of the TV you are looking at matches the UK / Ireland offering from the same manufacturer - Pix source their TV's mainly from central Europe and they specifically say that the TV you are looking at is an imported item:

Generally ( but maybe not specifically with regard to this item) this means that the tuner, specifications, warranty etc may not be the same as that supplied by the local distributor - this is what Pixmania say on a link on this product:

Because this is an imported product, it may present some minor differences to products designed for your country. Below is a list of these differences:
    295x220_compatibilite-tv.jpg

Your country’s language may not be available in the menu, but you can always access English.
    - Your country may not be available for selection in the settings
    - If you receive TV channels through an internet box, the order of the channels will be correct. Manual adjustment may be necessary if you receive TV channels via antenna, cable or satellite.
    - Some online services specific to your country will have to be downloaded.
    - The manual may not be available in the language of your country. It will be accessible via the manufacturer's website.
    In the case of a nationwide offer organised by the brand, this product may not be eligible

Because of this reason unless the product and the Pixmania offering is identical - we don't price-beat Pixmania ( this mainly only applies to TV!)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.