Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neteller card or a skrill?

Options
  • 20-05-2015 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Just looking at these options. I have no credit card and my bank won't give me one so for travelling abroad and booking hotels etc I would like to get one of these prepaid options. I know they are NOT credit cards but I feel its safer then using my visa debit card abroad which is linked directly to my bank account. I've used my debit card abroad alot but don't want to anymore since I found some strange purchases on my card I didnt make, small purchases from a card shop and a candy store... I made no such purchases and my bank issued me a new debit card as a result of my findings.

Anyways I'm looking at Skrill MasterCard or a Neteller card... Who has either and have you been shafted by them or had good experiences?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I was able to buy flights with Viva-Colombia (Colombian low cost airline) using the Skrill card, other Irish cards don't work.

I did have a Neteller years ago and always found their site very confusing to navigate, they may have made things better in that respect..

I actually got the Skrill card to use for small purchases on the net, but topped it up with a few '000 euros before heading to Colombia as I was aware of the problem with many cards and booking flights in Colombia.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

dohouch wrote: »
    I was able to buy flights with Viva-Colombia (Colombian low cost airline) using the Skrill card, other Irish cards don't work.

I did have a Neteller years ago and always found their site very confusing to navigate, they may have made things better in that respect..

I actually got the Skrill card to use for small purchases on the net, but topped it up with a few '000 euros before heading to Colombia as I was aware of the problem with many cards and booking flights in Colombia.

I emailed skrill a few days ago asking them a few questions and have yet to hear back from them. Not a great start since I think I'm more interested in the skrill as they have more users worldwide and probably more respected.

Is everyone guaranteed to get a MasterCard from these guys? I read online some people are getting refused for nilly dilly reasons.

Advertisement