Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Car no claims bonus in own name after accident

Options
  • 20-05-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some advice as I had a small accident during the year and the person I hit with my car claimed against my insurance and it was settled with a pay out to them.
    I had 3 years no claims bonus in my own name up until then so now have basically lost it.

I now have received my renewal and it is nearly triple what I was paying so I am trying to shop around to get some new quotes.

The question I have is around declaring no claims bonus as zero and then I am asked if I have any years as a named driver on someone else's policy and I am unsure what to put there.

I have been listed on my husbands policy on his car for the last 3 years as well and have never had a claim against that so does this count as named driver experience?

So would I be able to put something like 0 no claims bonus in my own name & 3 years no claims bonus as a named driver?

Thanks...

Advertisement