Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Briarfield Dublin 5 'Raheny'

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/1-briarfield-kilbarrack-road-raheny-dublin-5/3142483

Wonder what the price of these will be?

Raheny my arse - it's Kilbarrack and well into Kilbarrack at that. The area is actually not bad at all - IMHO. Nice to see the old Briarfied House in the background.

Very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

It's definitely Kilbarrack, my mam grew up there and her dad still lives there, it's right beside the train station which is great. From what I can tell the area is grand, hardly D4 but it's quiet. If there's a price difference from calling it Raheny rather than Kilbarrack you should pull them up on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's a lot of messing with what is where around that area, mainly due to snobbery and/or valuation. Some even stretch Sutton down to the Kilbarrack Road and insist Bayside is part of Sutton. Sutton always has stopped at Baldoyle Road for me and that house is in Kilbarrack and is a good location to reside.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

I work in kilbarrack and there's lots of nice areas and pockets of not great area , the area of briarfield road and around it are not great in my opinion. Wouldn't buy a house there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

tricky D wrote: »
    There's a lot of messing with what is where around that area, mainly due to snobbery and/or valuation. Some even stretch Sutton down to the Kilbarrack Road and insist Bayside is part of Sutton. Sutton always has stopped at Baldoyle Road for me and that house is in Kilbarrack and is a good location to reside.

Damn right!
    Baysider myself and never claimed to be from Sutton.
    Those houses are just finished and are without a doubt in Kilbarrack. Busy main road outside but that's it. Area is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

a stones throw from the hamburger bar. Bit of a kip there tbh. Only just out of the way from briarfield, which is a dump. And if that's Raheny, then I live in Malahide, Dublin 13 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I pass this on the way home from work every day. Really the only negative I can think of in relation to the area is that the house is on a fairly busy road.

That listing used to have a price on it... think it was offers to exceed 600k or in that ballpark at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Sleepy wrote: »
    I pass this on the way home from work every day. Really the only negative I can think of in relation to the area is that the house is on a fairly busy road.

That listing used to have a price on it... think it was offers to exceed 600k or in that ballpark at least...

HOW MUCH! :pac:

I've just bought about 250 yards away at 270K for 1100Sq foot. Now their nice but I'd rather have two houses!

Thanks for satisfying my curiousity!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yeah, it shocked me, I suspected they'd be around 400k or so due to the area, ber rating and what looks like a fine finish. Seems I "undervalue" these things...

Advertisement