Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union security

Options
  • 20-05-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys

A few days ago I rang my credit union in Galway because my username and password were not working on the online banking service.When I was on the phone the employee asked for my username and password, I thought it was odd but I gave it to them anyway. With these they were able to verify both my username and password. I asked how were they able to confirm this and they said they could see my full log in details on the system.

Usually with a bank I have a 6 digit pin and only have to give 3 numbers from it to verify me. I am concerned that any employee of the credit union can obtain my personal accounts log in details and pretty much log in as me from another location.

Is this normal practice for dealing with personal financial data? Can any bank employee see my login details for my account?

I assumed there would be strict regulations for handling this data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

They shouldn't really know your full password, bank staff don't know any of your passwords except random parts of it to verify id. Although they can obviously access accounts without this

Advertisement