Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellfest 2015 Tips/Queries

Options
  • 20-05-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering if I could get some advice from folks who have been to Hellfest previously as I am going for the first time this year.

Firstly, is there anything particular you would recommend I pack with me to make it a more comfortable experience? A friend recommended a dust mask as apparently the dust clouds can be horrible after the first day.

Secondly, we are getting our flights into Nantes airport. What is the best method of transport from there to the festival grounds? (Preferably reasonably priced for a group of about 8 people).

Lastly, if anyone has experience sticking around in Clisson after the festival is over (our flights are on the Tuesday, festival ends on the Monday afternoon); do you know are we permitted to camp for another night after the festival ends? If not, do you know of cheap accommodation near Nantes airport?

Any minor trivia or advice that you guys/gals picked up from your time there previously and discussion of this years festival is also welcome. I've been to a good few metal fests, but never so far away from home and I'd like to go prepared so this experience can be a fun one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Jade182 wrote: »
    Hey all, just wondering if I could get some advice from folks who have been to Hellfest previously as I am going for the first time this year.

Firstly, is there anything particular you would recommend I pack with me to make it a more comfortable experience? A friend recommended a dust mask as apparently the dust clouds can be horrible after the first day.

Secondly, we are getting our flights into Nantes airport. What is the best method of transport from there to the festival grounds? (Preferably reasonably priced for a group of about 8 people).

Lastly, if anyone has experience sticking around in Clisson after the festival is over (our flights are on the Tuesday, festival ends on the Monday afternoon); do you know are we permitted to camp for another night after the festival ends? If not, do you know of cheap accommodation near Nantes airport?

Any minor trivia or advice that you guys/gals picked up from your time there previously and discussion of this years festival is also welcome. I've been to a good few metal fests, but never so far away from home and I'd like to go prepared so this experience can be a fun one.

Was there last year. Bring tonnes of sun screen if its anything like last year it was a scorcher. Try make friends with people with a gazebo !

There are official shuttles running from Nantes airport, I think they were €10. Theyre the easiest way to get to the festival by far.

Remember that the supermarkets near the festival close on Sunday so make sure you stock up the day before, a lot of people got caught out by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

c - 13 wrote: »
    Was there last year. Bring tonnes of sun screen if its anything like last year it was a scorcher. Try make friends with people with a gazebo !

There are official shuttles running from Nantes airport, I think they were €10. Theyre the easiest way to get to the festival by far.

Remember that the supermarkets near the festival close on Sunday so make sure you stock up the day before, a lot of people got caught out by that.

Thanks for the tips! :) Especially about the supermarket, we didn't know that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Baby wipes. Lots of baby wipes. If it's a hot one this year, Make sure you buy plenty of water and be prepared to be burned out of your tent by 7 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Jasus, hellfest indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thanks for the tips! :) Especially about the supermarket, we didn't know that!

No worries. If you get really stuck on the Sunday and fancy taking a walk theres a carrefour near the train station that does open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

c - 13 wrote: »
    No worries. If you get really stuck on the Sunday and fancy taking a walk theres a carrefour near the train station that does open

I had to google what a carrefour was haha. Thats good to know thats there in case of emergencies or anything! :)

Advertisement