Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House prices in Cabra East

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Lack of on line groups would suggest a lack of community in the area, which to me lets things like anti social behaviour go unchecked. It's by no means the be all and end all. Try the local shop keepers, try popping into the local Garda station.

The local shop there closes at 6pm because of anti social behaviour.

I think that says it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Taboola wrote: »
    The local shop there closes at 6pm because of anti social behaviour.

I think that says it all really.

Frankly, it doesn't.

In central Dublin a three streets over can make all the difference. City centre living isn't for everyone but frankly people who want to force there own opinions on what is an ideal living situation don't help either.

If I'd listened to all the negative stereotypes about where I bought I wouldn't have dug deeper and found that it was an area with an excellent sense of community with loads of FTBs moving into the area.

OP listen to people who've lived in the area. Keep an open mind though, there are rough areas in Dublin but there are way more people who like to be down on an area they've absolutely no idea about.

Frankly, it doesn't.

Frankly, it does. If a local shop keeper won't keep his shop open passed 6pm because it gets robbed all the time how does that not say something about the area?

In central Dublin a three streets over can make all the difference. City centre living isn't for everyone but frankly people who want to force there own opinions on what is an ideal living situation don't help either.

OP listen to people who've lived in the area. Keep an open mind though, there are rough areas in Dublin but there are way more people who like to be down on an area they've absolutely no idea about.

That shop is 50meters from the house in question. Not 3 streets over. I am not trying to force my opinion either, I am from the area so know what it's like. I'm giving the OP my experience of living there. I've been burgled twice in the last 3 months and on one of those occasions they came into the house while I was there and stole my car.

OP feel free to PM me about the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

As I indicated your original post says very little, that said actual knowledge and a detailed post about the area are very helpful indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Taboola wrote: »
    Frankly, it does. If a local shop keeper won't keep his shop open passed 6pm because it gets robbed all the time how does that not say something about the area?

That shop is 50meters from the house in question. Not 3 streets over. I am not trying to force my opinion either, I am from the area so know what it's like. I'm giving the OP my experience of living there. I've been burgled twice in the last 3 months and on one of those occasions they came into the house while I was there and stole my car.

OP feel free to PM me about the area.

Hi Taboola, are you talking about Leix Road and Cabra East or are you talking about McKee Park ? what shop are you talking about?

• Advertisement

Piriz wrote: »
    Hi Taboola, are you talking about Leix Road and Cabra East or are you talking about McKee Park ? what shop are you talking about?

Sorry I was talking about Mckee Park and the shop at the roundabout.

This Shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

OP, look at Glenhill in Finglas, some houses there for your price range and it is a lovely quiet estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

Strange a friend is renting said house in leix rd and has been there since 2008 with the same landlord , shes due to leave in the near future . very quiet road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lack of on line groups would suggest a lack of community in the area, which to me lets things like anti social behaviour go unchecked. It's by no means the be all and end all. Try the local shop keepers, try popping into the local Garda station.

There is a crime page on FB and a public policing forum for Cabra.
    I live around the corner from leix. Generally a quiet Rd.
    The earlier link to the mayhem was in Cabra west. Different kettle of fish totally.

Advertisement