Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary wall query - reality and property maps differ

Options
  • 20-05-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi I have a question about boundary wall at a house I want to buy. The house was extended and so on the property papers you can download online - drawings - the boundary wall is different to what it is in reality ( the wall cuts into my property around 50 cm as least on full length. I want to know if someone can shed the light what to do if I want to buy the property- should this not be sorted before buy ? Is it a matter that the house was build like that from 2006 and now I can't change anything? What if I want to sell the house - would I have problems with land registry etc?

Please any of you can shed the light on this - much appreciated..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

jusspy wrote: »
    Hi I have a question about boundry wall at a house I want to buy. The house was extended and so on the property papers you can download online - drawings - the boundry wall is different to what it is in reallity ( the wall cuts into my propery around 50 cm as least on full lenght. I want to know if someone can shed the light what to do if I want to buy the property- should this not be sorted before buy ? Is it a matter that the house was build like that from 2006 and now I can't change anything? What if I want to sell the house - would I have problems with land registry etc?

Please any of you can shed the light on this - much appreciated..

your solicitor make enquiries, the seller will either sort it or put it back for sale hoping someone will buy without it being sorted.

I would advise you to get it sorted prior to buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Is there a party wall agreement in place? Do you mean there is a full width extension with half the wall on your side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod Note Thread title changed to reflect issue being discussed, OP please be more specific in thread titles for future threads you may start. Thanks :)

Our neighbours built a house next to ours and came to us with the same problem. ie the situation on the ground varied slightly from the maps and would we sell them the tiny strip of land to rectify things, in case of problems at a later stage. It was roughly the same as yours, about a foot the full length of the site. We just signed it over to him, as it was such a tiny amount. His solicitor drew up a letter and we just signed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jusspy

We have resigned from the house all together. Soo releaved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement