Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I listened to...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Hunting Warhead - new podcast about tracking down the people responsible for some of the worst stuff on the dark web.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

listening to a series called "the shrink nextdoor". True story about a jewish business man in the states who inherited half is parents business and wealth and was then controlled & Manipulated by a shrink he had used. The nextdoor neighbour is the narrator & a new york times journalist. Mad stuff really

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Final episode of Stardust was devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

optogirl wrote: »
    Hunting Warhead - new podcast about tracking down the people responsible for some of the worst stuff on the dark web.
    Thanks for the tip. Episode 2 is a tough listen

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wegian wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. Episode 2 is a tough listen

I listened to the whole series on the recommendation from here,thanks op.

It's a very tough listen especially the later episodes when the full horrors are unveiled. If you aren't genuinely angry and sad listening to it then there's something wrong with you.

• Advertisement

I listened to the whole series on the recommendation from here,thanks op.

It's a very tough listen especially the later episodes when the full horrors are unveiled. If you aren't genuinely angry and sad listening to it then there's something wrong with you.

You can say that again, I thought Ep 2 was bad but overall it a really horrible story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just finished the Star Dust one myself very well done. Only reservation I had was with the last episode. I think they way overdid the music going for the emotional finish. The story was strong enough that it didn't need it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just finished the last two episodes last night.
    Powerful stuff.

I hope the families finally get justice.

Futureproof is the only podcast I don't tire of. It's great, accessible science with a touch me Irish humour.

I find I don't like listening to American accents, or even a lot of uk accents on podcasts, strange given how much of their tv I watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Unprecedented https://wamu.org/topic/unprecedented-podcast/

Thought it was a good run through of where the boundaries are re free speech, protesting, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    The Stardust podcast by journal.ie is well worth a listen. Harrowing though.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've just finished listening to it and it was excellent. Such an awful event and those people haven't got justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Did anyone else think couldn't they have got a better phone line with the woman from northern Ireland.the sound was awful barely audible.

Adam Buxton's latest podcast is with Billy Connolly and is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Has anyone heard any good podcasts discussing the ongoing issues at Boeing?

fixXxer wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any good podcasts discussing the ongoing issues at Boeing?

Not really the ongoing issues but Business Wars have a series Boeing V Airbus, discussing the rivalry theyve had over years and the whole 737max thing is talked about in the last episode. Some of the business/stock pods might have it but probably more to do with how its affecting share price etc

I thought Martin Scorsese came across very well on Fresh Air recently. Haven't really heard longer stuff with him before. As a btw, Adam Driver walked out on a recording of that a few weeks ago because Terri Gross (host) played a clip of him and he can't stand to hear this own work.

I've been going through some pre-Christmas stuff from This American Life. One was about children in the US being given growth hormones because of their height...but really because of the parents. Ugh.

BBC World Service had a few solid episodes by Gordon Corera on spying. Nothing too surprising.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w27vq6ps
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p007fqc4

new one out from Wondery presented by the guy who does business wars called WeCrashed. Its a 6 parter about WeWork. Ive read a good bit abit wework and its fall but listening to the 2 epsiodes out and the soundbites and intereviews with the people involved you really have to wonder how investors got suckered into that company

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

Stephen Fry’s 7 Deadly sins. Quite enjoying it actually, love the historical aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Rude Tales of Magic. It's a live play Dungeons and Dragons podcast played by comedians. It's a light-hearted D&D campaign where the characters take centre stage rather than the plotting. It's very funny and has excellent production values.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2UUFFJMJPo31a6AKFxRWZm?si=VM3o4MR5QO67DSfU4e7vzw

Honest and open look into life for us Irish all Down Under, far from all sunshine and surfing.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

I would have thought there would be more recommendations here given, well, what’s going on

My latest:
    RTÉ Nobody Zone - well done I thought even though I have heard criticism of it being drawn out

Listened to the nobody zone myself this week.
    I enjoyed it, particularly episode 2!
    Thought it was going one way after that episode but went a different way.
    They could have made more of that author I think.
    But interesting podcast I thought

Found it fairly hit and miss. Started strongly but then meandered and ended somewhat flat. I found the audio of the interviews with Kelly very hard to hear. A few of the threads were kinda pointless like the interview with the guy who hired Kelly when he first got to London. I dunno. Some better ones out there.

Found it fairly hit and miss. Started strongly but then meandered and ended somewhat flat. I found the audio of the interviews with Kelly very hard to hear. A few of the threads were kinda pointless like the interview with the guy who hired Kelly when he first got to London. I dunno. Some better ones out there.

Thought the interview wiyh Brian Slyman was brilliant, gave an insight into the man before he really went to ****.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Apologies if it has been mentioned already, But I started to listen to "The Gossipmongers". Quiet a funny podcast and easy to listen to. Its about people who send stories in and they are read all. Its all about rumours and Gossip.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Apologies if it has been mentioned already, But I started to listen to "The Gossipmongers". Quiet a funny podcast and easy to listen to. Its about people who send stories in and they are read all. Its all about rumours and Gossip.

Definitly not everyones cup if tea but im a fan

Better living everyone

Loving Rabbit Hole by the new york times. It examines a few examples of Internet culture such how YouTube can radilcalise people politically, the rise of the alt right and pewdiepie allegedly being a nazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I found it all very confusing.
    I don't even know who he killed.
    Was it just one person, or was he the serial killer he claimed to be?

Louis Theroux has a new one called 'Grounded'. I like it but I know Louis is an acquired taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭recyclops

if been listening to american scandal , narrator is easy to listen too and the scandals are very interesting, a few i knew and some i thought i knew

Advertisement