Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some ideas where to fish next week?

Options
  • 20-05-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Have a few days off.next week and looking for a change of scenery fly fishing for trout. Any suggestions. Pref not too far from Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

thehamo wrote: »
    Have a few days off.next week and looking for a change of scenery fly fishing for trout. Any suggestions. Pref not too far from Dublin

Where is it you normally fish? There's the tolka and the dodder in Dublin that are producing on the fly! Then there's a few stocked fisheries like rathbeggan lakes or annamoe in wicklow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Usually fish the dodder. I live 5 min away from the Tolka but I never fish it. DOnt know why, think its because I spent my child hood there fishing hefty lob worms for fat overfed stocked trout!

Ideally river, id like to make a day of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Thehamo for me the North Kildare water of the Liffey is a good as any in the country (bold claim I know!).

Day tickets are available, check here.

I'll be fishing it one evening next week, (probably Tue, 7:30pm till dark) - PM me if you intend being on the river at this time, can show you a spot or two.

Advertisement