Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Interest rates on Table

Options
  • 20-05-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We are mortgage approved and are qualified for LTV.
    Below are what is on the table:
    1 year fixed – 3.5%
    2 year fixed – 3.6%
    3 year fixed - 3.65%
    4 year fixed – 3.75%
    5 year fixed – 3.8%

Standard variable – 3.97%

Loan to value variable 3.8%

If we went for X year fixed, we will lose LTV and revert to SV rates once X year fixed expires.

What you guys think would be best deal, should I go for LTV or X year fixed or SV?
    Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

I'm in the same boat. Tough decision.

I originally chose variable. Then 5 year fixed. Now I've changed back to variable.

Your rates are the exact same as mine so I assume you are banking with EBS? I am going variable because of the new business discount @ 4.00%

And also having the facility to overpay in lump sums appeals to me, as this will reduce the overall interest over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 greenhouse

Hi Jayjay,
    its AIB new offers after the drop, Not sure about the lumpsums, will check out for that.
    I am more likely to take LTV of 3.8%.
    any idea if interest rates will down or up further?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

greenhouse wrote: »
    Hi Jayjay,
    its AIB new offers after the drop, Not sure about the lumpsums, will check out for that.
    I am more likely to take LTV of 3.8%.
    any idea if interest rates will down or up further?

I'm very much a newbie to property and only recently sale agreed. But there are a lot of threads on here about interest rates that you should definitely check out.

My plan is to take out the variable rate, make over-payments when possible and keep a close eye on the rates. If they start to go up, I will fix for 3-5 years. I'm taking a risk but it may be worth it if I can pay off a good chunk off the capital

Advertisement