Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History

Options
  • 20-05-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

For q6 does anyone have any advice what ones to answer on ?Im really good at international relations but with regards to the other 3 what one is best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Don't do the Social Change question. Generally poorly answered because students tend to ramble and give vague (and wrong) answers.

Other than that it's a matter of personal preference.

Just don't do social change.

Don't.

Pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

Don't do Social Change! Irish History is a good one to answer on as it's a definite question.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

I would recommend the Irish history question too, seeing as it's definite and it should be fresh in your mind from doing it this year. However if you're willing to put in the work don't completely disregard social change! It's also a definite question, and as long as you actually learn accurate information and dates from your textbook and you answer the question that gets asked properly instead of rambling it's easy enough to pick up marks. I got an A last year and I did the social change question.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian1999

Anyone have predictions for what will come up on question 5 and what essays will come up on question 4 on the higher level history

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Kbvdpo

Ok so it's less than 2 weeks until the junior cert, I've only just started studying but I feel alright with that as I studied really well for the mocks and got all A and B's, all higher level & ordinary for history..
    The one huge worry on my mind is history.. We've an awful teacher who taught us absolutely nothing, therefore I know nothing.. I got an a in the mocks but I did ordinary level and told myself I'd study and be able to do higher level for the actual junior. The thing is, I haven't actually done any of the studying I said I'd do and I'm so nervous for the history paper....
    With only 3 weeks until the exam I don't know what I should do.. Should I just study & hope for the best or drop to ordinary level... (How do I drop ordinary level?!) I'd hate to have an NG or a fail on my report card in September.
    I'm so stressed about this at the moment!
    any study tips for history would be so helpful!
    Also, is anyone aware of any history predictions for this year? thanks!

• Advertisement

If anyone has any idea what might or may not come up on the history higher level junior cert paper please leave them below!
    Currently stressing out as I've only realised how close the junior is & haven't studied much for history yet!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DaleyBlind

Here's my predictions:
    Ancient civilisation won't come up
    Q6a will be either farm to factory of Reformation
    Q4 archaeologist at work/ Rennaisance artist/ Irish/USA/French revolution leader
    You should know 3rd year history well and basic facts from 1st year history

• Registered Users Posts: 10 1niamh1

Anyone have junior cert history predictions for 2015?

Was hoping for an ancient civilisation as Roman Empire is basically the only thing I'm really confident with!

What do you mean farm to factory of reformation? (Sorry haha!)

Thanks so much though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 DaleyBlind

Kbvdpo wrote: »
    Was hoping for an ancient civilisation as Roman Empire is basically the only thing I'm really confident with!

What do you mean farm to factory of reformation? (Sorry haha!)

Thanks so much though!

For question 6A I'm guessing it'll either be on the Reformation (like in 2009) or Farm to factory (like in 2008) but with slightly different questions. Sorry if there was any confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian1999

Anyone have predictions for question 5

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Does anyone know if we have to know all 3 revolutions really well? I know them pretty well generally but I want to know if we have to know all of them in real detail or just one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

haiyna wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we have to know all 3 revolutions really well? I know them pretty well generally but I want to know if we have to know all of them in real detail or just one?

When I did my JC last year I knew the French Revolution in detail, the causes/consequences of the American Revolution and 1798 Rebellion.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

VG31 wrote:
    When I did my JC last year I knew the French Revolution in detail, the causes/consequences of the American Revolution and 1798 Rebellion.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EMMOTIONLESS

For q6 does anyone have any advice what ones to answer on ?Im really good at international relations but with regards to the other 3 what one is best

Irish history isn't too bad I'm learning International Irish and Social. Social history although most people advise against it is probably the easiest you just have to make sure to keep it factual and to the point the points in social are pretty common sense though so it's easy to pick up marks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EMMOTIONLESS

brian1999 wrote: »
    Anyone have predictions for question 5

the famine which came up 2011 / 2006 / 2004
    industrial revolution 2011 / 2004
    (They seem to come up in the same years most of the time)
    age of exploration 2010 / 2005
    I'm just looking at what came up and learning the essays that were asked

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Irish history isn't too bad I'm learning International Irish and Social. Social history although most people advise against it is probably the easiest you just have to make sure to keep it factual and to the point the points in social are pretty common sense though so it's easy to pick up marks

It's not common sense though. If you are tackling the Social History question, make sure you know your dates for legislation etc.. It's people choosing that question and thinking they'll wing it make it one of the poorest scoring ones.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

Oh god I have sample answers learned off for transport, leisure, commumications etc they are all separate points and detailed I did pretty well in my mocks with social change is there any examiners on here that I could send the sample answer to i just need to make sure i dont do terrible

Oh god I have sample answers learned off for transport, leisure, commumications etc they are all separate points and detailed I did pretty well in my mocks with social change is there any examiners on here that I could send the sample answer to i just need to make sure i dont do terrible

Firstly you need to see what question you are asked. No point lashing down pages on one topic (no matter how good) if you're asked about the role of women, for example.

I can have a look at it for you if you like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement