Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England v New Zealand

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Can anyone tell me was Boult the top innings taker for new Zealand today please? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

dinneenp wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me was Boult the top innings taker for new Zealand today please? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Cheers

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-new-zealand-2015/engine/match/743941.html

He took 2 wickets today, one for Craig and Southee, the fifth wicket was a run out. Henry got none and nobody else bowled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Rjd2 wrote: »
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-new-zealand-2015/engine/match/743941.html

He took 2 wickets today, one for Craig and Southee, the fifth wicket was a run out. Henry got none and nobody else bowled.

Thanks. My bet is Boult to be top NZ first innings wicket taker. It's funny; I get a 'good tip' from source with good cricket history but don't know much about cricket so sometimes watch/ looking at scores thinking did I win...

dinneenp wrote: »
    Thanks. My bet is Boult to be top NZ first innings wicket taker. It's funny; I get a 'good tip' from source with good cricket history but don't know much about cricket so sometimes watch/ looking at scores thinking did I win...

best of luck!

5 wickets left to get, play will start at 11.

Check with the bookie how they settle if a few get the same amount.

Some dead heat it which is standard practise, other English bookies settle on who had the best economy rate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

New Zealand definitely on top now, ripping through remainder of middle order, onto the tail, such a waste from England after a great start by the openers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice rally by broad and Anderson here

After all that, scores level

It's great cricket to watch, New Zealand really only have a couple of modes of playing, attack. That, and attack.

Great knock Watling

More fantastic batting by NZ this morning.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    More fantastic batting by NZ this morning.

Couldn't begrudge them a win if they go on and finish the job. If anyone wants an advert for test batting, and how exciting it can be, New Zealand are it. That's why they are a lot of peoples "2nd team", well they are mine anyway. All done with such a small player pool to choose from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Some batting by NZ this morning - real 20/20 stuff!!

Now the question is: will England have a go at the greatest run-chase in the history of Test cricket? The pitch looks good (as NZ showed) and at Headingly the pitch often improves during the second innings. Now is their chance to be heroes!

A good old fashioned england skittling then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I really hope NZ do this.

Cook out for 56, England 150-6. Last rites for England here (barring rain) with only Moeen, Broad, Wood and Anderson to back up Buttler. Can see this match over by 4 o'clock now.

1 1 would be a fair result over the 2 tests, NZ probably edged it overall if you have to choose. Yorkshire rain might still save England this test though.

Rain needs to pull its finger out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

1-1 is definitely a fair result .... NZ will sit back and wonder how they blew it after scoring 520 in the first Test and England will equally wonder how they lost the second test after being 220/1 in reply to 350 in the first dig

Pity this ain't a 3 Test series

NZ no longer a 'fringe' Test team .... They deserve a 3 test series minimum wherever they go to

All over: England all-out for 255, NZ win by 199 runs to draw the series 1-1. Two very entertaining matches (pity it's only 2!) and NZ certainly deserved to draw the series, at least. Their superior fielding probably won this match: they held on to every chance whereas England (Bell in particular) put down several gilt-edged opportunities.

Very entertaining test matches, as has been said, New Zealand definitely worthy of a proper series rather than this after thought. No team I'd rather watch if I were a neutral than New Zealand. Reality check for England.

• Advertisement

England have been hammered here.

A lot of issues for England to sort, Bell and Ballance need runs desperately in county cricket. Ali has 3 games for Worc and Ajmal is due to play for them as well. Hopefully these games and working with Ajmal may help him in preparation for The Ashes. As long as he doesn't teach him to chuck.:P

NZ hopefully are getting a three test series in Australia in November, hopefully that is the start of the supposed big sides fobbing them of with 2 test series, great fun to watch.

408 in the odi for England, fantastic boost for them, if they can defend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

ODI cricket is dead. This farce of a format should be called t50

Convincing win from England, which makes a nice change in one day cricket. It was a shame Willey never got a game, and not likely to feature next game after that either. McCullum admitted he was wrong to ask England to bat, expected swing but it didn't, Southee back next game which will be a boost for NZ.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You know something is seriously wrong with the ODI format once England start hitting 400 :P

Seriously though, a great win for them although NZ were below par

Close one in the end then...

bittersweet win for England.

Obviously its fantastic to trash the World cup finalists with such a young team as well. However why the fook did it a need a farcical world cup campaign for them to wise up in this format? They have been a mess of a limited overs side and despite everyone telling them to join the 21st century they kept playing prehistoric safety first cricket.

The guys who won the match for England today have been around for a while, why under the Moores regime were they not playing like this?:confused:

Ah well onwards and upwards. In the likes of Root and Buttler they have 2 special players they can build a team around. Rashid was very good as well, Ali will be watching on nervously.

For NZ, they were bar Boult,garbage.

They really missed Southee, Vettori and Anderson today and Mc Cullum is not a spinner that will win them to many competitions. Mc Clenaghan was rubbish and the fielding got worse and worse as the day went on.

England have not become a quality ODI side overnight, nor are NZ as ****e as they looked today, but it sets up a very interesting series.

Should be fun to watch, and hopefully a little more competitive than today.:P

High scoring stuff today...

D/L done for England. Super knock from Morgan though..

• Advertisement

What a catch

Advertisement