Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 Results

Options
  • 20-05-2015 10:01pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Titans beat the Vikes 17-13 with a TD in the last minute.

This started off badly with an int on BBs first throw, kept the damage to a FG while Blount got me ahead. teams added FGs to make it 10-6 titans at the half

Then.. BB throws an 89 yards pick 6 just after HT and it takes me 2 quarters to score

Blount gets 144 yards off 23 carries and 2 TDs
    2nd year DT Kian Lynch gets 2 sacks, casey gets one

Titans force a fumble recover it along with recovering their own fumble (miller)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Eagles beat the Giants 28-13

It was closer then the scoreline suggests and i basically won by 2 pick 6's from Jenkins and Joseph, it was a game to forget for new Eagles Rookie QB Cotton Harmon despite a rating of over 100 threw 2 Interceptions and coughed up a Fumble, Eagles offense struggled in general, due to some tough Giants Defense, only 9min possession of the ball for the Eagles, and DJax didnt even get a catch :(

Unlucky Knex catch you in the rematch, Larry Donnell is a machine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Browns 35 Ravens 6

Ravens scored both the opening and closing FG.
    Browns defense did the damage,2 FF that were recovered and a crazy int for Haden.
    Tate got 2 rushing TD's and Julio Jones got 2 on his debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Cardinals beats 49ers 31-3

My first ever relatively easy CPU game this Madden. Started my backup qb just to test him out and he proceeds to toss for 390yards and 4 touchdowns/0 interceptions :O that's unheard of me!

Kapernick tried running the ball a lot himself and got hammers a lot for it! No forced fumbles but the defense only gave up 159yards overall which was great.

I am genuinely in love with my WR core. Floyd and garçon making clutch passes surrounded by defenders. My fav players has to be Pitmas who at 6'6" is amazing at bring the ball down and has high 90's in speed/agility.

More QB practise this year and less stupid throws from me and this teams should make a playoff push!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Saints beat Broncos 27-7

Was a tough game, defence won this with 3 forced fumbles and 3 recovered and one returned by my rolb for a td, 2 intercepts as well and got to sack Bradford 5 times, disappointed with the td I gave away it would have been bated down or intercepted only I took control of the cb, found moving the chain's hard in this one oline needs work in game prep,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Packers struggle past the Texans. The D-line of the texans is a nightmare to contend with, focus on Watt and Clowney will get you and vice versa.

Went into half time 10-0 down.

Think it finished 21-10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Eagles beat the Giants 28-13

It was closer then the scoreline suggests and i basically won by 2 pick 6's from Jenkins and Joseph, it was a game to forget for new Eagles Rookie QB Cotton Harmon despite a rating of over 100 threw 2 Interceptions and coughed up a Fumble, Eagles offense struggled in general, due to some tough Giants Defense, only 9min possession of the ball for the Eagles, and DJax didnt even get a catch :(

Unlucky Knex catch you in the rematch, Larry Donnell is a machine.

Yeah, enjoyed the game. Taking me a a fair bit of adjusting to get used to offence this time around, but to be fair, since I got the game a few weeks ago I've focused mainly on defence.

Good value for your win as I couldn't get run game going, and any time I tried to throw it for more than 7-8 yards, I was in serious danger of being picked. That said, one of the pick 6's was a short outside throw that I used to get serious success with in Madden 25. Must get them out of my system.

The first one there was some lag right before I threw it (only time we had lag all game!), so just guessed where the DB was, but that didn't go too well either :pac:

That was another outside throw. Having Nassib as QB with throwing power 88, and decidedly average stats, may not help, either.

Knex. wrote: »
    Having Nassib as QB with throwing power 88, and decidedly average stats, may not help, either.

Yeah, iv'e noticed in other leagues i'm in, you really need a good QB who has high confidence, if he's low in confidence 1 pass off target could lead to quite a few

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Yeah, iv'e noticed in other leagues i'm in, you really need a good QB who has high confidence, if he's low in confidence 1 pass off target could lead to quite a few

And I can vouch for that, takes a long time to build confidence up in them, I think it was when we qualified for playoff last year brees confidence went over 50 for first time in two seasons and made a big difference to his passes

tripperman wrote: »
    And I can vouch for that, takes a long time to build confidence up in them, I think it was when we qualified for playoff last year brees confidence went over 50 for first time in two seasons and made a big difference to his passes

Just played a game there in the pfl, Terrell Pryor went 8-8 100 yards 1 TD, threw 1 misplaced pass and pick, then went 4-12, 3 picks and 2 TD's, confidence hit rock bottom after the misplaced pass and pick.

Advertisement