If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Sound For Room with High Ceilings

Options
  • 20-05-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a surround sound packege for a sitting room that has 20ft high ceiling. Room is probably 30ft by 15ft. Room is already wired for speakers as it currently has a crap all in one system set up. 

Speakers are going to be mounted 8ft high in each corner. I'm interested in the Yamaha rxv377 and wharfdale dx1 package. Do you think this be a good option for a room this size

Whats the best price you could do on this posted to Cavan from a past customer and really hope to give you the business this time around too!! Always a pleasure to deal with!!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ne wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a surround sound packege for a sitting room that has 20ft high ceiling. Room is probably 30ft by 15ft. Room is already wired for speakers as it currently has a crap all in one system set up. 

Speakers are going to be mounted 8ft high in each corner. I'm interested in the Yamaha rxv377 and wharfdale dx1 package. Do you think this be a good option for a room this size

Whats the best price you could do on this posted to Cavan from a past customer and really hope to give you the business this time around too!! Always a pleasure to deal with!!
    Ne,

thanks for the opportunity to quote ( again :) ) and that sounds like a pretty amazing room!

The 377 will be fine and again so will the DX1 - however if it was me I would opt of the next receiver up in the range, the VSX477 - the 477 is a bit more expensive at £229 / €339 but it really is a far better unit as its network ready and also has Airplay and DLNA ( as well as internet radio of course and App control) - if you are doing this once you may as well get a unit that is networkable!

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200457-rxv477.aspx

If you wanted to opt for the V477 with the DX1 system we can do them at €689 delivered - alternatively if you wanted to bring the budget back a little I would recommend the Tannoy TFX Pack http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12034-tfx-51.aspx with the RXV477 and this package sounds and looks great and we can do it at €579.99 again including delivery..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist and if you would like to pop an order in just drop me a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie and I'll ask Brian or one of the guys to give you a shout to arrange delivery.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ne

Hi John,

Thanks for the quote, its actually for my brother in law. I have spoken to him now and he is going to go with your suggestion the v477 and Tannoy TFX pack

Will he need anything extra to mount the speakers on the wall or do speakers come with fixings? Anything else required or is does pack ready to go out of box

Thanks again
    Ne

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John,

Thanks for the quote, its actually for my brother in law. I have spoken to him now and he is going to go with your suggestion the v477 and Tannoy TFX pack

Will he need anything extra to mount the speakers on the wall or do speakers come with fixings? Anything else required or is does pack ready to go out of box

Thanks again
    Ne
    Hi Ne.

Thanks will be a nice little system.

The only other thing you would require would be a sublink cable for connecting the subwoofer. How far would the sub be from the receiver?

The Tannoy come with their own wall fixings.

If you want to go ahead with the order drop me a contact number in a PM and we can give you shout for some details.

Any questions please ask.

Hi John/Kenny,

Only getting round to sorting this room now? Any difference on the price of both options now?

Regards
    Ne

Hi John/Kenny,

Only getting round to sorting this room now? Any difference on the price of both options now?

Regards
    Ne
    Hi Ne.

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have had a little check and the pricing is still the same on both systems.
    John had originally worked out the deal and its still the best I can off on these items.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Advertisement

Ok if you can throw in a subwoofer cable with the free delivery we have a deal!!!

Go on ya know ya want to.......

Going for the rxv477 and tannoy tfx

Ok if you can throw in a subwoofer cable with the free delivery we have a deal!!!

Go on ya know ya want to.......
    Hey Ne.

I really wish I could throw in the sub cable but there is already £50 / 74 Euro knocked of our retail on this deal for you.

In saying that I may have a 1m sub cable (may not be long enough for you) I could throw in but for the standard 7.5m cambridge you would be looking at 29.99 Euro (I can drop to 25.00 euro on it.

That's an overall total saving of 80 euro on the setup.

Call it 600 euro all in and we have a deal!!!

Go on....

That's for the tannoys, rxv477 and 7.5mtr cable + delivery

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Go on....

Done,
    ( it is Friday afternoon!)

Just PM or mail us your contact details to sales@richersounds.ie and I'll ask on of the guys to call ya to arrange delivery ,

Thanks again for the biz - its much appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc &  Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Go on....

Done,
    ( it is Friday afternoon!)

Just PM or mail us your contact details to sales@richersounds.ie and I'll ask on of the guys to call ya to arrange delivery ,

Thanks again for the biz - its much appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc &  Crew
    Cheers John!!!

I'll be back to you next week and organise payment and delivery

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Thanks Ne

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.