Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Group Stolen Parts

Options
  • 20-05-2015 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Has anyone dealt with IT Group aka RepairMy.ie. I sent a MacBook pro to them for diagnosis while I was a student. They diagnosed Logic Board failure. The Mac was out of warranty so they quoted €1,000 to replace the LB. I could not afford to carry out the repair at the time so I requested they send it back to me until I was in a position to pay for the repair. A short while back I moved to Kilkenny where I decided to bring it to a local shop for a second opinion. The technician called me once I got home and said the heatsink was missing, lots of screws, microphone, speaker & 4gb (2X2gb Modules) of RAM. I was horrified. It immediately became clear to me that IT Group had poached my machine for parts to use on other machines. I contacted IT Group several times but they "changed" their records system and have no record of me or my mac ever being there. I only ever received a receipt for the courier charge I paid to send the mac up to them and back again. They refuse point blank to accept any guilt and unfortunately my last conversation with their manager got a little more heated than I would have liked.

Sorry for the length of my story. I want to know if anyone has ever had a similar experience to mine. If not then I hope it serves as a warning to anyone who was thinking of using their service.

Thanks to all who reply.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Keep records, small claims court I'd imagine.
    More paperwork you can produce the better

Advertisement