Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online pc builds for sale

Options
  • 20-05-2015 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

hi, is there any sites in ireland selling pc builds online. i saw gaming pc on ebay for around 400euro. quad core 8gb 1tb 4.2ghz AMD
    is this a good deal and is there anywhere in ireland online with similar deals?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Can you link it? We'd be able to get a better idea of what its worth.

There's an adverts user called Bloodbath does custom builds for people, not sure if he still does it, or frequents boards but he was supposedly very good value.

Most people just build their own, give a budget here and me or someone else will give you the best list of compatible parts you can afford, you click them together and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 liaml1974

liaml1974 wrote: »
    hi, is there any sites in ireland selling pc builds online. i saw gaming pc on ebay for around 400euro. quad core 8gb 1tb 4.2ghz AMD
    is this a good deal and is there anywhere in ireland online with similar deals?
    thanks
    Hi it won't let me post links as I'm a new user. Ill try later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've bought two machines from overclockers.co.uk down the years and recommended to some friends and family. Can't say a bad word about them. Price wise it also worked out about maybe €50 extra then buying and building myself, and was happy to pay €50-80 to have a company build it properly and overclock it if I requested.

Their parts are usually good quality and it was a good 2-3 years before I made my first upgrade to the last machine I got from them.

It's rare that I buy a totally new machine (last time was maybe like 7 years ago) as I normally just upgrade a part, or a bunch of parts.

Granted the Euro is in bits at the moment and most retailers had to up their price after the GB -> USD currency issues, so might not be that close in regards buying prebuilt and selfbuilt.

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/141629958192?nav=SEARCH

That's the PC hes after, PM'd

Didn't get a look at the GPU yet, but I'll see what its like tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/141629958192?nav=SEARCH

That's the PC hes after, PM'd

Didn't get a look at the GPU yet, but I'll see what its like tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it

That's a seriesly bad graphics card.

• Advertisement

how much extra would i pay for a better graphics card?
    is this a good deal in general?

whats the best site for buying all the components?

Jesus that card is literal dung wotz :D:D

Can do miles better for €400, look at the Budget build I'll doing on this forum, should be top of the list.

Preform miles better than that, and last longer

i3 4160 110
    MSI H81 P33 45
    8gb ram 55
    Zalman T1 20
    400w PSU 50
    GTX 750Ti 130

Forgot too post is on! Probably closer to 500 with a 1tb HDD added, but will absolutely smash both PCs you've linked out of the water gaming wish.

thanks, would one of the pc's be good as a plex home server?

• Advertisement

also, where is best place to get good monitor around 20"

I haven't a notion of servers so I can't adnswee that.

Amazon or HWVS should be grand

could someone post a complete list of what i need including case peripherals etc for around 400-500 please? or a link on boards for something similar.
    gaming not essential but would be handy.

i3 4160 110
    MSI H81 P33 45
    8gb ram 55
    Zalman T1 20
    400w PSU 50
    GTX 750Ti 130

Forgot too post is on! Probably closer to 500 with a 1tb HDD added, but will absolutely smash both PCs you've linked out of the water gaming wish.

sorry, i didnt see this, ill have a look

Advertisement