Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to understand flash triggers. Any advice?

• 20-05-2015 11:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8

Hi folks,

I am looking at getting some flash triggers to try out some new stuff.

I have two speedlites - a canon 430exii and a yongnuo 568exii.

If I get a trigger & two receivers, (I'm looking at the yongnup triggers) - put the trigger on the camera & one receiver on each flash, will this work ok? I'm just concerned that I'll be using two different speedlite brands controlled from the one trigger.

The trigger I am looking at is the Yongnuo YN-622C-TX by the way.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Yes they will all work together no problem at all. I use those triggers myself with a number of different speed lites without any problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Bayran

Thanks.

How is the high speed sync on those triggers? Does it work OK? That's the main reason I'm getting the more expensive triggers, rather than the cheaper yongnuo trigger sets you find for €20.

Also, I noticed in some reviews, that you can control flash settings for each group in-camera (Canon SLRs at least).

So is there any reason for me to buy the more expensive yongnuo trigger with the LCD screen? Or can I just go for the regular yn662c which doesn't have the LCD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I haven't used the HSS on it to be honest so can't really comment. I have never had and issue with them for anything else I have done with them though so I can't see it being an issue

Advertisement