If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony srdth550

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Bazual,

good timing - we have been really low on the STRDH550 which is why its in-store only but there is a new offer which starts today for the STRDH550 at £199.95 / €289.99 INCLUDING a Cambridge Audio ID100 digital dock AND a matching Bluetooth adaptor - it will be up on the www.richersounds.ie site in the next couple of hours - and we are expecting some fresh stocks which should allow us to release the new STRDH550 / ID100 offer for shipping.

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200671-strdh550.aspx

If you are just looking for a decent budget AV Receiver and you don't want to go to £199 - then have a look at the Onkyo TXSR333 which we are reducing to £169.95 / €249.99 today for our Bank Holiday sale: http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201029-txsr333.aspx

The TXSR333 over the Sony includes Bluetooth as standard and has a decent 6 HDMI inputs whilst the Sony only has 2 - it also has a second pre-out for a second zone and I think it sounds better!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Bazual,

good timing - we have been really low on the STRDH550 which is why its in-store only but there is a new offer which starts today for the STRDH550 at £199.95 / €289.99 INCLUDING a Cambridge Audio ID100 digital dock AND a matching Bluetooth adaptor - it will be up on the www.richersounds.ie site in the next couple of hours - and we are expecting some fresh stocks which should allow us to release the new STRDH550 / ID100 offer for shipping.

If you are just looking for a decent budget AV Receiver and you don't want to go to £199 - then have a look at the Onkyo TXSR333 which we are reducing to £169.95 / €249.99 today for our Bank Holiday sale: http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201029-txsr333.aspx

The TXSR333 over the Sony includes Bluetooth as standard and has a decent 6 HDMI inputs whilst the Sony only has 2 - it also has a second pre-out for a second zone and I think it sounds better!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Bazual,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John. 

I bought the Onkyo 807 off you back in 2010 and suffered the common hdmi board issue and have lost all sound with well over a year now so that is pretty much just sitting there while I figure out what to do with it. I don't think I will go back to Onkyo again after that experience so its just something temporary, a year or two till I figure out whether I will repair myself or just go with another beast down the road. The Sony @ €200 was attractive as a temp solution and I wouldn't have the need for the dock so if anything crops up let me know.

Thanks,
    B~

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

bazual wrote: »
    Bazual,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John. 

I bought the Onkyo 807 off you back in 2010 and suffered the common hdmi board issue and have lost all sound with well over a year now so that is pretty much just sitting there while I figure out what to do with it. I don't think I will go back to Onkyo again after that experience so its just something temporary, a year or two till I figure out whether I will repair myself or just go with another beast down the road. The Sony @ €200 was attractive as a temp solution and I wouldn't have the need for the dock so if anything crops up let me know.

Thanks,
    B~
    Hi B.

No problem at all.

Will keep my eye out for anything else.

Any thing else catches your eye or you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks John. 

Thanks,
    B~

Baz
    Could you send me the serial number of your 807 as Onkyo have a customer service programme now to address most of the issues that affected their Amos up to 6 years old - I can try it and see if it's covered for you ?

Keep us posted
    ATVB
    John mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Thanks John. 

Thanks,
    B~

Baz
    Could you send me the serial number of your 807 as Onkyo have a customer service programme now to address most of the issues that affected their Amos up to 6 years old - I can try it and see if it's covered for you ?

Keep us posted
    ATVB
    John mc
    Thanks John. This is another story unfortunately. I was going to attempt to repair the board myself and replace the capacitors as that is really the issue with these boards and started to take apart the amp with a view to replacing the caps. I never got a chance to do it and then found out about the extended support that they offered for this particular known issue. I looked it up and I am covered, but since I have opened up the amp and taken it apart I don't know whether I have voided this extended programme for this issue. Its a bit of a dilemma so I am not sure whether to put it back together and send it off and then get charged based on them seeing that it was already opened etc etc.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John. 

Thanks,
    B~

Baz

Keep us posted
    ATVB
    John mc
    Thanks John. This is another story unfortunately. I was going to attempt to repair the board myself and replace the capacitors as that is really the issue with these boards and started to take apart the amp with a view to replacing the caps. I never got a chance to do it and then found out about the extended support that they offered for this particular known issue. I looked it up and I am covered, but since I have opened up the amp and taken it apart I don't know whether I have voided this extended programme for this issue. Its a bit of a dilemma so I am not sure whether to put it back together and send it off and then get charged based on them seeing that it was already opened etc etc.
    Hey Baz.

Not sure how that would pan out with it already have been opened and taken apart.
    You could ask them and tell them you had planned to repair it yourself until you found out about their repair scheme.

I suppose the worst that can happen is that they say no.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.