Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orange Boat Shoes

• 21-05-2015 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

So after a good ten years of wearing nothing but a certain Irish manufacturer of deck shoes, I got royally shafted by them last year when they refused to replace a pair that were obviously faulty and cut my feet to ribbons. So I went on the hunt for replacements, discovered that Sperry were having a sale and promptly bought three pairs of decks. One in brown leather as usual, one in orange suede (gasp!) and one in light blue.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the colours? The orange ones look something like this and the blue ones like this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I like the orange ones very much. Not a fan of the blue ones at all. Can't beat a nice pair of decks - I had a pair of pink suede Dubes years ago but the colour got destroyed by rain and stains pretty quickly, highly recommend treating them with a protective spray and using a suede brush on them regularly (pity I didn't take my own advice!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Thanks Dee. I'm male and consider myself fairly open minded but pink dubes might be a step too far ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

lizzyman wrote: »
    Thanks Dee. I'm male and consider myself fairly open minded but pink dubes might be a step too far ;)

Well I'm a laydee so the pink suited me just fine! I'd like the orange ones on either gender anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I'm a male as well and I'd usually go for a red suede with white laces. I would ask you to give the Irish company one more chance as I have never but good experiences with them but then I have to say that as I know the owners.

Out of the two pictures you posted I'd advise you go for the orange ones. Make sure you treat them with suede protector straight away and don't go wearing them out in the rain or anything like that. If you don't want dubes I'd say go for Sperry's I have heard nothing but good things about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I'm a male as well and I'd usually go for a red suede with white laces. I would ask you to give the Irish company one more chance as I have never but good experiences with them but then I have to say that as I know the owners.

Out of the two pictures you posted I'd advise you go for the orange ones. Make sure you treat them with suede protector straight away and don't go wearing them out in the rain or anything like that. If you don't want dubes I'd say go for Sperry's I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Thanks, I love the look of the orange suede with jeans.

I have a protector spray so I'll give them a once over before I wear them out. Used it on a pair of brown suede shoes I got about 3 months ago and they still look new.

Re the Irish company - never again! I even emailed them pics showing the problem with the shoes (back of the heel was almost half an inch higher than it should be) and I got nowhere with them. Their sizing was always a crap shoot as well, some years I'd buy them in 10.5 and the following year I'd need a 10 but the last straw was the extremely poor and dismissive customer service and as soon as I saw the Sperry's on sale at €40 per pair back in January I jumped ship, never to return.

• Advertisement
Advertisement