Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for 2 night relaxing break?

Options
  • 21-05-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My wife will be 5 months pregnant when we're going on a weekend away.
    Looking for somewhere very relaxing, sit around have afternoon tea, have a swim (if there's a pool) etc. A bit of luxury and pampering would be nice for her.
    Currently I have Knockrany House Hotel booked. Someone mentioned that Castlecourt Hotel is very nice. Anyone recommend one over the other or somewhere else please?

Doesn't have to be Mayo but will be travelling from Galway so Westport is nice and close. And you have Westport to stroll around in too.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Jim2007 wrote: »

Cheers, but not available on the Saturday. looks lovely though and right on the beach.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Would take Knockranny over Castlecourt, Plaza is another owned by the same group as is the Atlantic Coast hotel which is out by the quay and would need a taxi ride/drive to get into town.
    Hotel Westport is a very nice hotel also, and very family friendly.

In the very centre you have 3 small hotels, Clew Bay, Mill Times and Wyatt. All 3 are small but again nice hotels. None have leisure centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eugene Yes

http://www.icehousehotel.ie/?gclid=CKeZ94nv0sUCFSSL2wodQYMApw
    No pool but spa treatments & restaurant are very good. Belleek woods across the river great for walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Eugene Yes wrote: »
    http://www.icehousehotel.ie/?gclid=CKeZ94nv0sUCFSSL2wodQYMApw
    No pool but spa treatments & restaurant are very good. Belleek woods across the river great for walks.

Thanks. Going back a while I heard people rave about this place but a few people have said that recently there were disappointed with it.

Also looking at Cromleach Lodge in Sligo (I know it's not Mayo...) Gets good reviews but what puts me off is that there's no pool, looks a bit small/not as loungy and Westport nearby seems to appeal to me more than Boyle or Carrick-On-Shannon (even though I've never been to either but Westport is lovely).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

The lodge at Ashford. Lovely.

http://www.thelodgeac.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

Mount falcon in Ballina. Pool, lovely spa & woodland walks. Pricey but def worth it.

Advertisement