Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berkley gulp artificial baits

Options
  • 21-05-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever use them??
    I've no frEsh or frozen bait available so this is my only option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The sandworm are very good if you fish them as a soft plastic lure around piers and jettys. I wouldnt imagine they catch much if you cast them out and let them static on the bottom like a baited worm.
    The crab catch more anglers than fish tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

So there is no point throwing them out with a gripper lead and waiting? ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So there is no point throwing them out with a gripper lead and waiting? ??

None.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

None.

So best to ring up the worm with a small weight 12/15 inches below it and jig it up and down while reeling it in??

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

So best to ring up the worm with a small weight 12/15 inches below it and jig it up and down while reeling it in??

I could possibly see them working on a long flowing trace in a decent tide, but other than that I wouldnt bother.

In fact a few months ago when I was fishing in an estuary my father put a firetail on the bottom hook of a three hook flapper as an experiment. It was hammered by small codling. But conditions dictate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement