Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost in Limbo: gamings abandoned classics.

Options
  • 21-05-2015 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭

http://www.pcgamer.com/lost-in-limbo-on-the-hunt-for-pc-gamings-abandoned-classics/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

I saw the link for this article on the System Shock 2 steam page. It details a handful of games that are (rightfully or wrongfully) considered classics and the legal minefields that could prevent them from ever resurfacing on digital distribution.

Most are from the mid to late 90's but it seems insane that various companies don't even know if they have the rights, even partially, to some I.P's. I also find it kind of sad that some games could be lost because E.A. or activation or whoever didn't keep their books in order and that a contract is in a box in a warehouse somewhere.

At least one of the games they mention, (the X-Wing CD's) seems to have been sorted out on GOG since. It's well worth a read if you're into older games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The New Command and Conquer (or Generals 2 or whatever you want to call it)

Advertisement