Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor Recommendation - Forced Sale?

Options
  • 21-05-2015 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,
    Can anyone recommend a good conveyancing solicitor who has experience in dealing with forced sales and joint mortgages?
    i.e. forcing one party of a joint mortgage to sell when they initially refuse?
    Cheers
    YMCK

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

How can you force some one to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ymck1980

Long story short - I have a joint mortgage with my ex partner and they have not paid their share of the mortgage in a long time because of unemployment. I am covering it currently on an interest only basis. We both still live in the house because neither of us can afford to move out. I want to sell the house so I can move on with my life, however they refuse to sell. They also don't have the means to buy me out. I've heard that I can go the court route and wanted recommendations of a solicitor who has dealt with this type of thing before. We were not married and we don't have any children.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mod Note: Recommendations via PM only.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement