Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I gave notice to cancel on 24/04. So why does my bill say I am being charged line ren

Options
  • 21-05-2015 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭

Regarding Eircom Ac No [font=Calibri, sans-serif]70509298[/font]
    I first contacted Eircom  in March because we were moving house and I wanted to cancel by service. At the time we were free of the original contract from Eircom as we have been customers for a number of years.

I was given information over the phone about the packages that were available to me and I decided to stay with eircom. I was told to call back when I had moved to switch the account over to the new address. (13th of April)

When I phoned, I was told that there was still an active line from the previous resident and I had to send in evidence etc to have it shut down
    This took a few weeks and when It was sorted, I went through the sales pitch for the new contract. The information I was given on this call was significantly different to what I was advised on the previous call and I can get the same service for much less with a different provider so I advised that I would like to cancel my account at my old address and I sent a mail to the cancellation dept and got the automated reply on 24th April. In my cancellation email, I gave you the new postal address to send my final bill and confirmation letters.

I got the bill a few days ago (sent to my old address), there was no mention that it was the final bill and that my account was closed. The bill says I have been charged up to 09/06/2015 for line rental and that I have been charged for a full month of broadband and phone services when my 30 day cancellation period would have ended on 23/5/2015

Can someone please confirm if my account is now cancelled, and why have I been charged for 17 days of broadband and phone services beyond the 30 day written cancellation notice

I would have already cancelled my account well before the 9th of April if I had been given the correct information about the terms of the new contract when I initially called to enquire about the move of address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Akrasia wrote: »
    Regarding Eircom Ac No [font=Calibri, sans-serif]70509298[/font]
    I first contacted Eircom  in March because we were moving house and I wanted to cancel by service. At the time we were free of the original contract from Eircom as we have been customers for a number of years.

I was given information over the phone about the packages that were available to me and I decided to stay with eircom. I was told to call back when I had moved to switch the account over to the new address. (13th of April)

When I phoned, I was told that there was still an active line from the previous resident and I had to send in evidence etc to have it shut down
    This took a few weeks and when It was sorted, I went through the sales pitch for the new contract. The information I was given on this call was significantly different to what I was advised on the previous call and I can get the same service for much less with a different provider so I advised that I would like to cancel my account at my old address and I sent a mail to the cancellation dept and got the automated reply on 24th April. In my cancellation email, I gave you the new postal address to send my final bill and confirmation letters.

I got the bill a few days ago (sent to my old address), there was no mention that it was the final bill and that my account was closed. The bill says I have been charged up to 09/06/2015 for line rental and that I have been charged for a full month of broadband and phone services when my 30 day cancellation period would have ended on 23/5/2015

Can someone please confirm if my account is now cancelled, and why have I been charged for 17 days of broadband and phone services beyond the 30 day written cancellation notice

I would have already cancelled my account well before the 9th of April if I had been given the correct information about the terms of the new contract when I initially called to enquire about the move of address.
    Hi Akrasia

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement