Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ABA Routing number for money transfer from US in US Dollar

Options
  • 21-05-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am trying to transfer a lump sum from US brokerage(Morgan Stanley) account to my Bank of Ireland account. 

I am asked to supply ABA Routing number for Bank of Ireland in addition to IBAN and BIC numbers to do the wire transfer in US Dollars.

I am told that it is a code for an intermediary bank that BoI uses in US for such transfers.

Could you let me know this number ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi kerten

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

As the payment is coming from Morgan Stanley, they will usually contact their bank that will be transferring the payment on their behalf to require an ABA number.

Morgan Stanley can also contact our Global Markets Team on 00353 1 609 4313, a colleague will be happy to discuss further.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Thanks Alison. I will get back to Morgan Stanley then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

You're very welcome Kerten. 

If we can help in the future, please feel free to get in touch. 

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement