Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best SAT NAV

• 21-05-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,487 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. Think this is the right place bit looking for people's opinions on the best SAT NAV out there between 100 to 200 euro. Mainly for travelling around England for the forsee able future.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've had a few Garmins, not sure what current best models of them are but all of them I have had have been good. I'd get one with a widescreen, easier to follow. Some now come with free updates for life, might be worth looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

I find tomtom best imo, had Garmins and a Sony through work and didn't get on with them.

Had a XL one Europe job for mine a good while now and not a problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The BEST one is TomTom ;)

Actually, I just use my phone, that's how I roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Best satnav by far is Google Maps on your phone, however you will need a data plan to use it.

If you cannot get data cheaply on your current network abroad I know Three have free data plans when you go abroad to the UK on roaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

tomtom for me,i have had a bad experience with a nuvi once,never worked when I needed it,nearly drove me mad.aside of the fact that it had a mind of its own,i found the 2 tomtoms to be more responsive with a more sensitive screen,i have had a garmin edge 810 on my bike and have an garmin edge 1000 on the way but for cars it would be tomtom

• Advertisement
Advertisement