Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Killed Him ........

• 21-05-2015 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

So my wife just lets out an almighty scream from the kitchen, I go running in and there's a bee flying around (she's terrified of bees) and she tells me to "get him out!" ......... so I killed him.
    She flips out, she's had a go at me before for killing spiders/mice etc. ......... what is it with this new attitude of not killing vermin and creepy crawlies? :confused:
    They're an uninvited and unwanted "guest" who'd kill YOU without a moments hesitation if they could!

What Is Acceptable, In Your Opinion, To Kill? 648 votes

Bees
    0%
    Wasps
    7%
    lucernariangeorgieMbad2daboneBalmed OutjohnpSlippin JimmySkittlebraudotsmanmarco_poloSam KadeKristopherus[Deleted User]longshanksmichelliePotential-MonkehognefpsyconiagerrybbaddLiamario[Deleted User] 46 votes
    Spiders
    18%
    entropiKintarō HattoriseamusSarumanrubadubDamoKenSleepyKiithlucernariangeorgieMalias no.9enda1bad2daboneBalmed OutbikojohnpLordSutchSlippin JimmywiltedSkittlebrau 121 votes
    General Creepy Crawlies
    12%
    Kintarō HattoriSarumanlucernariangeorgieMalias no.9enda1bad2dabonejohnpSlippin JimmySkittlebraudotsmanchallengemastermarco_poloSam KadeKristopherus3102derekpappyodaniel[Deleted User]longshanksmichellie 78 votes
    Mice
    14%
    entropiKintarō HattoriSandseamusSarumanSleepyKiithlucernariangeorgieMalias no.9enda1bad2dabonePaulKKjohnpLordSutchSlippin JimmywiltedSkittlebraudotsmanchallengemaster 94 votes
    Rats
    13%
    SleepyPherekydesgeorgieMalias no.9enda1bad2daboneBalmed OutenglanderPaulKKjohnpLordSutchSlippin JimmywiltedSkittlebrauchallengemastermarco_poloTerrlockSam KadeKristopherus3102derek 88 votes
    Wild Cats (If Intimidating You On Your Property)
    20%
    entropiKintarō HattoriDundalkDuffmanSleepyPherekydesKiithgeorgieMalias no.9enda1bad2daboneBalmed OutenglanderPaulKKbikojohnpLordSutchSlippin JimmymegadodgewiltedSkittlebrau 132 votes
    Dangerous Dogs (If Roaming Without Owner)
    5%
    DundalkDuffmanSleepygeorgieMalias no.9enda1bad2daboneytpe2r5bxkn0c1Sam KadeKristopherus3102derek[Deleted User]longshanksAngryHippiepsyconia[Deleted User][Deleted User]patsatdmc17_Godot_minterno 33 votes
    Not A Living Thing
    8%
    DundalkDuffmanSleepyPherekydeshubertogeorgieMalias no.9enda1bad2daboneRoyalMarinePaulKKbiko[Deleted User]TerrlockSam KadeKristopherus[Deleted User]longshanksAngryHippiepsyconiaancapailldorcha 56 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Hope you sleep well tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ya, I was killed by a mouse once. Then a bee came and murdered me stone dead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Steven81 wrote: »
    Hope you sleep well tonight

Like a baby .......... as usual :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Was the murder necessary ?

Could the murder have been avoided ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Tell her to buzz off

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »

No

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

MadDog76 wrote: »
    So my wife just lets out an almighty scream from the kitchen, I go running in and there's a bee flying around (she's terrified of bees) and she tells me to "get him out!" ......... so I killed him.
    She flips out, she's had a go at me before for killing spiders/mice etc. ......... what is it with this new attitude of not killing vermin and creepy crawlies? :confused:
    They're an uninvited and unwanted "guest" who'd kill YOU without a moments hesitation if they could!

You wouldn't be able to eat all the nice food if everyone killed-off the bee. If it wasn't for bees your food would be sh!te.

You wouldn't be able to eat all the nice food if everyone killed-off the bee. If it wasn't for bees your food would be sh!te.

My food is already sh!te ....... dog food, yuck! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

In a nappy and you'll piss yourself? :confused:

kfallon wrote: »
    In a nappy and you'll piss yourself? :confused:

Only if I've had a few too many pints! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

You can only murder another human being.

Not A Living Thing
    What kind of bees make milk?

Boo-bees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Chucken wrote: »
    Ya, I was killed by a mouse once. Then a bee came and murdered me stone dead :(

And now you're back to tell your story to Heat magazine?

Shock Value: 11

Heat Exclusive (little TM)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Not A Living Thing
    No time for anyone that kills bees, bees are the most beautiful, useful and important of all insects. Bumblebees even more so.

I was strimming earlier and there was a bumblebee in my path, so I waited a while for him to buzz away, but he wouldn't. So I shooed him away, and not two seconds later a stone flew up from the strimmer and went through the back window of the Caddy and out the front winsdcreen, leaving both in smithereens.

And I only shooed the bee away, imagine what will happen to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

You can only murder another human being.
    If you are a bee and you have been murdered then ………

and perhaps an unnecessary murder to boot

Its certainly worth pondering

Had the murderer done in a dog or a cat for being a nuisance ; What then ?

If you are a bee and you have been murdered then ………

and perhaps an unnecessary murder to boot

Its certainly worth pondering

Had the murderer done in a dog or a cat for being a nuisance ; What then ?

It's not murder, I would be under Animal cruelty and not murder. Murder is defined as a Human being killing another Human being.

No time for anyone that kills bees, bees are the most beautiful, useful and important of all insects. Bumblebees even more so.

I was strimming earlier and there was a bumblebee in my path, so I waited a while for him to buzz away, but he wouldn't. So I shooed him away, and not two seconds later a stone flew up from the strimmer and went through the back window of the Caddy and out the front winsdcreen, leaving both in smithereens.

And I only shooed the bee away, imagine what will happen to you.

So what's the story behind your username? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭HIB

So what's the story behind your username? :rolleyes:

When we were small, my brother used to tell me that 'some Indian religion' believed that if you killed something, you'd come back as it in the next life and be killed yourself. I reckon it'll take me at least a year of afterlife to climb any higher than an insect, then its onto rabbits for a while, then a dog, a cat, something that I think was a stoat, and I'm free!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Soooooo

Waking up every 4 hours hungry and covered in sh/t? :confused:

Soooooo

Waking up every 4 hours hungry and covered in sh/t? :confused:

That's what 12 pints of Guinness does to me! :(

• Advertisement

Don't forget what to do folks when you see a bee on the ground that cannot fly. Water down a small bit of sugar with water and pour it in front of the bee and after 10 minutes it will regain the energy to fly-off. We need more bees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Killing Bees comes with a heavy price. Life in prison without parole + Hard labour. And then when you die 1000 years in purgatory.

HIB wrote: »
    When we were small, my brother used to tell me that 'some Indian religion' believed that if you killed something, you'd come back as it in the next life and be killed yourself. I reckon it'll take me at least a year of afterlife to climb any higher than an insect, then its onto rabbits for a while, then a dog, a cat, something that I think was a stoat, and I'm free!!!!

So ......... what will Lee Harvey Oswald come back as?

Don't forget what to do folks when you see a bee on the ground that cannot fly. Water down a small bit of sugar with water and pour it in front of the bee and after 10 minutes it will regain the energy to fly-off. We need more bees.

.......... and sting some poor unsuspecting innocent child! :(

Can I use bleach instead? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Kill away, that's what we grew up doing in my house and ill continue to do as an adult.

I remember a couple of years ago I was at a house party with some friends, being the only smoker there I went out on the balcony and was enjoying myself to a cigarette. 5 minutes passed and the door opened, one of my friends stuck his head out and chucked a spider on the ground that he must have scooped up onto a magazine. Automatically I stuck my boot out and crushed the evil spider.

Supposedly as soon as I went out for my smoke they spotted the spider and spent a good 5 minutes carefully collecting him safely and ejecting him from the party. In one movement I had killed the 8 legged freak. People were aghast at how cold I had been, and for the rest of the party I was the asshole spider murderer.

If you love spiders so much just leave them in your house and get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not A Living Thing
    Don't kill bees, they are fecking important little guys.

biko wrote: »
    Don't kill bees, they are fecking important little guys.

Are not most things people think are bees not they are types of Wasp ?

I think wasps are evil nasty little fcukers and I'd still shoo them rather than kill them

No point going around killing things for no reason

Kill away, that's what we grew up doing in my house and ill continue to do as an adult.

I remember a couple of years ago I was at a house party with some friends, being the only smoker there I went out on the balcony and was enjoying myself to a cigarette. 5 minutes passed and the door opened, one of my friends stuck his head out and chucked a spider on the ground that he must have scooped up onto a magazine. Automatically I stuck my boot out and crushed the evil spider.

Supposedly as soon as I went out for my smoke they spotted the spider and spent a good 5 minutes carefully collecting him safely and ejecting him from the party. In one movement I had killed the 8 legged freak. People were aghast at how cold I had been, and for the rest of the party I was the asshole spider murderer.

If you love spiders so much just leave them in your house and get on with it.

Ah spiders, I have a few big-ass ones on the ceiling at the window in my bedroom, they are great for catching mosquito's in their webs. Use the spider for your own purpose, but no point in killing a spider when it can do you a favour getting rid of mosquitoes. Handy little fellers they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Not A Living Thing
    What kind of bees make milk?

Boo-bees.

:pac: Brilliant :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think wasps are evil nasty little fcukers and I'd still shoo them rather than kill them

No point going around killing things for no reason

But there's only one problem with that approach bluewolf, as doing this will make them sting a person. The knack is to not sway the arms and hand at them because they are nasty little feckers and will get aggressive and sting.

The thing to do is stay reasonably still and let the wasp check you out even if it gets too close and it will buzz off thereafter. It's the swaying that gets them angry. I've never been stung in my life from either a bee or a wasp.

Ah spiders, I have a few big-ass ones on the ceiling at the window in my bedroom, they are great for catching mosquito's in their webs. Use the spider for your own purpose, but no point in killing a spider when it can you a favour getting rid of mosquitoes. Handy little fellers they are.

Do you not feel them crawling on you're face when you're asleep ?

Do you not feel them crawling on you're face when you're asleep ?

Nope, these are the fat garden variety spiders that can make enormous webs and they only stay up high, they never come lower than one foot from the ceiling. I pick my spiders with pride in the knowledge that they will do the job 100% of killing all mosquitoes.

You need the right spider for a particular job.

But there's only one problem with that approach bluewolf, as doing this will make them sting a person. The knack is to not sway the arms and hand at them because they are nasty little feckers and will get aggressive and sting.

The thing to do is stay reasonably still and let the wasp check you out even if it gets too close and it will buzz off thereafter. It's the swaying that gets them angry. I've never been stung in my life from either a bee or a wasp.

I've had wasps follow me and sting me for absolutely no reason, so now they get shooed with a large object out the window

Nope, these are the fat garden variety spiders that can make enormous webs and they only stay up high, they never come lower than one foot from the ceiling. I pick my spiders with pride in the knowledge that they will do the job 100% of killing all mosquitoes.

You need the right spider for a particular job.

Hey!! Why you hate mosquitoes so much!?!! :mad:

• Advertisement

There is supposed to be a more aggressive kind of wasp genetic mixture moving from africa towards britain and eventually Ireland. Now these ones will chase you and even if you run or hide under water they will hang around till you run out of breath, and then they will possibly kill a person.

The european wasp and the african wasp mix will be a problem. The wasps we have now are nothing compared to this new wasp. coming soon to a county near you.

Hey!! Why you hate mosquitoes so much!?!! :mad:

I don't like parasites, do you ?. Bees are extremely important to us, and that is without question. We need plenty of pollination, and the bee is the king.

I don't like parasites, do you ?. Bees are extremely important to us, and that is without question. We need plenty of pollination, and the bee is the king.

They ain't pollinating in my house so if they come in they're leaving in a tiny lil pine box ......... or a piece of tissue.

They ain't pollinating in my house so if they come in they're leaving in a tiny lil pine box ......... or a piece of tissue.

Catch it in a glass and put it outside, it's not hard work is it. A bee thousands of times smaller than you folk and you are afraid of them lol, makes me laugh MadDog :D

Not A Living Thing
    There must be like a million bees anyways so who cares?

• Advertisement

catallus wrote: »

If there is only a million bees in Ireland I'd be very worried.

Catch it in a glass and put it outside, it's not hard work is it. A bee thousands of times smaller than you folk and you are afraid of them lol, makes me laugh MadDog :D

:D I didn't kill him because I'm afraid of bees! :D

I killed him because I hate bees :cool:

Not A Living Thing

Whatever, a billion, then.

One bee isn't going to cause an eco-collapse, no matter what the fear-mongering alarmists say!

catallus wrote: »

Minus one ......... you're welcome ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What's up...............................................................................with this?

A bit of extra education should help you folk out. Educate yourselves about pollination and its effects, it's all free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Are not most things people think are bees not they are types of Wasp ?

Is that in English?

I like bees, they're very useful and have no intention of stinging you. Wasps are assholes but bees are different. The numbers are coming back slowly but bee numbers were in serious decline over the last few years.

I'd be worried if they all vanished because I'd be a lot less likely to have fruit growing on my trees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

I can't believe you actually killed a bee!!
    I hate lots of things but i don't go around killing them!

The world and i just shed a tear for your soul.

deise08 wrote: »
    I can't believe you actually killed a bee!!
    I hate lots of things but i don't go around killing them!

The world and i just shed a tear for your soul.

Jaysus!!!! :D

Hey, people, leave those bees alone.

All and all you're just an-other prick in the world.

Pink flied.

• Advertisement
Advertisement