Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed (Reboot)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is anyone still playing? I have a voucher for Smyths and it's 67 quid which is crazy I think so gonna wait for new year to see if it drops in price. Just want to check how ye're finding the longevity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is anyone still playing? I have a voucher for Smyths and it's 67 quid which is crazy I think so gonna wait for new year to see if it drops in price. Just want to check how ye're finding the longevity.

Played it until I got the Platinum Trophy which was close to 24 hours of gameplay, haven't really touched it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Haven't gone near it since I got FO4, and i don't have the urge to go back to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hhhmmmm think I might pick up something else until this comes right down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hhhmmmm think I might pick up something else until this comes right down.

I would recommend it. You don't need loads of people online to play it. The AI fills up the spaces real people don't fill, and to be honest playing other people in this isn't great. There's no divisions, so you might want to race someone in your low spec Civic, and they might be driving a sleep Civic with 800bhp. That's what i found anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone been playing this on PC?

I just downloaded the trial version but it crashes every 3 or 4 minutes. Quite disappointing as I was enjoying it for the brief time it was playable. I've done some searching but there aren't too many reports of it crashing right now. There is one big thread on the EA forums that people are getting a similar problem, all with AMD cards.

I'm glad now that I just have the trial version and didn't buy the whole game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

I've the game and playing with no problems; the only time it crashed was when I was trying to use both steam and origin overlays, guessing my fault there.

If you haven't bought the game yet I'd advise to have a look at the reviews, as any of them that gives up to 6/10 is accurate.

The graphics are stunning and the sound engineering is really good too; plenty of customisation when it comes to wrap your car but, everything else that makes a racing game isn't unite there.

Lacks a ton of features you take for granted being 2016 ( such as quick race, easy team up with friends, decent AI chases ) and you finish most races thinking it didn't quite hit the nail.

Handling is atrocious, road markings are dreadful, AI is stupid af, no separation between racing a stock VW and a full spec Lambo; you race whatever you want.

As you go through the cringy story where b-class acting meets real life icons, you see tons and tons of cheese thrown at your face; a very strangely put up storyline that gets mixed up if you just free roam and race rents as you find them. A good idea that is like to see being put up decently j years to come.

There are some gems, though; no two races are the same, as you compete in an open world, where other drivers and AI might make contact as they go around their merry business, be it cruising or racing.

Having all said, I spent a few hours, after finishing the story, copying icon cars ( Makinen's EVO, O'Conner's R34 ) and then racing with a couple friends.It feels a lot more like luck, rather skill, the outcome of a race; you can almost tell how everybody approaches race lines differently, hence the choice of cars ( and their setups ) feel like they play some part.

Speaking of setup/tuning, you go exactly like you used to on NFSU : whatever is the best unlocked part you can afford, is the one your install, no questions asked, no second thoughts, just brainless setup.

Racing against other people is fun, if you can keep your nerves calmed; bad connections ( won't accuse anyone of cheating/porting just yet ) and dirty driving seems to go on pair with the AI. When joining friends, winning or losing becomes irrelevant, as the game doesn't even brings up a scoreboard so you can taunt/be taunted with timings.

The day EA decides to shut down servers, bye-bye strictly online game that sells for 70e and its afraid of piracy. I hope they decide to release more stuff for this, or the game will get really boring really soon.

R34 GT
    https://imgur.com/kB0l4PB

Racing a friend
    http://youtu.be/QNxsudKLpRY

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I've the game and playing with no problems; the only time it crashed was when I was trying to use both steam and origin overlays, guessing my fault there.

If you haven't bought the game yet I'd advise to have a look at the reviews, as any of them that gives up to 6/10 is accurate.

The graphics are stunning and the sound engineering is really good too; plenty of customisation when it comes to wrap your car but, everything else that makes a racing game isn't unite there.

Lacks a ton of features you take for granted being 2016 ( such as quick race, easy team up with friends, decent AI chases ) and you finish most races thinking it didn't quite hit the nail.

Handling is atrocious, road markings are dreadful, AI is stupid af, no separation between racing a stock VW and a full spec Lambo; you race whatever you want.

As you go through the cringy story where b-class acting meets real life icons, you see tons and tons of cheese thrown at your face; a very strangely put up storyline that gets mixed up if you just free roam and race rents as you find them. A good idea that is like to see being put up decently j years to come.

There are some gems, though; no two races are the same, as you compete in an open world, where other drivers and AI might make contact as they go around their merry business, be it cruising or racing.

Having all said, I spent a few hours, after finishing the story, copying icon cars ( Makinen's EVO, O'Conner's R34 ) and then racing with a couple friends.It feels a lot more like luck, rather skill, the outcome of a race; you can almost tell how everybody approaches race lines differently, hence the choice of cars ( and their setups ) feel like they play some part.

Speaking of setup/tuning, you go exactly like you used to on NFSU : whatever is the best unlocked part you can afford, is the one your install, no questions asked, no second thoughts, just brainless setup.

Racing against other people is fun, if you can keep your nerves calmed; bad connections ( won't accuse anyone of cheating/porting just yet ) and dirty driving seems to go on pair with the AI. When joining friends, winning or losing becomes irrelevant, as the game doesn't even brings up a scoreboard so you can taunt/be taunted with timings.

The day EA decides to shut down servers, bye-bye strictly online game that sells for 70e and its afraid of piracy. I hope they decide to release more stuff for this, or the game will get really boring really soon.

R34 GT
    https://imgur.com/kB0l4PB

Racing a friend
    http://youtu.be/QNxsudKLpRY

In that video you dead stop crash once or twice and still catch the Lambo?

Did he crash too at some point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In that video you dead stop crash once or twice and still catch the Lambo?

Did he crash too at some point?

yeah; he crashed a couple times and i think he was still trying to find proper tuning for it's car

most times, I can't catch him after he takes off but if there's a few turns and isn't straight forward motorway, i can compensate by drifting the turns

Advertisement