Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leg it for your liver, Saturday 23 May

Options
  • 21-05-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I mixed up my dates and forgot to register for the 10k in St Anne's Park Raheny for this weekend. So instead I signed up for 'Leg it for your liver' as a late alternative. (I badly need to get a few races under my belt, and have no problem with donating to HepC charities even if I'd be less enthused by the George Best type liver damage situations).
    The 'Leg it' is due to be on this Saturday in the Phoenix Park, but the OPW website doesn't show a road closure licence for the event, so presumably it'd be on the paths somewhere?
    Has anyone ran it before? If so, is the course entirely on the paths or is there any stretch in which there's unobstructed road underfoot?
    It's not a case of 'buyer's remorse' but I'm just wondering whether the event has a large scale following - even with a short race the field can get spread out and a wrong turn can be taken somewhere, so was just wondering if it's a course run on the same route each year.

Advertisement